Javelins without shield

• well i like the javelin … but with my settings i cant use shields ( i set parry on scoll down like in good old AOC ) would it be possible to not have to equip a shield with a javelin and be able to block with it like a spear

( please dont respond to just get use to the new settings , i realy dont like em … + shields are for cowards! )

thnx

• Seems to me a solution of “dont use javelin” is just as valid as refusing to change an incongruous control scheme. Or you could just become good enough with your shield timing to use it like the parry. I often only have my shield up for a second at a time to ensure quick counterattacks.

• ….so you want the devs to make you parry animations for the javelin, because you want to keep your control scheme? good luck with that :D

• I’m still in favor of being able to forgo the buckler and use your secondary weapon as a parrying dagger as a tertiary weapon option for javelins. Would also turn your attacks into javelin poke as stab + strongest attack of your secondary weapon as attack2. Would be my personal favorite playstyle :)

• @Falc:

….so you want the devs to make you parry animations for the javelin, because you want to keep your control scheme? good luck with that :D

lol im pretty sure it will never happen but hey ! it cost nothing to ask

( but to be honest , yes my settings doesnt able me to use shields … but even if i could, i dont really like shields , it block most of the screen and except for arrows , theres no hit i cant parry with a good old sword )

• @SlyGoat:

I’m still in favor of being able to forgo the buckler and use your secondary weapon as a parrying dagger as a tertiary weapon option for javelins. Would also turn your attacks into javelin poke as stab + strongest attack of your secondary weapon as attack2. Would be my personal favorite playstyle :)

that would be even better !