Archer zoom-in

• I was just thinking to myself how inconvenient is pressing alt to zoom-in, as an archer, was. Then I suddenly had an idea: what if the zoom-in button was the right mouse button?
    So, I tried binding said function to said key, but alas! Doing so left parry unbound!

Since mouse2 doesn’t do anything while wielding a bow anyway, can you make it possible to bind to more than one function to the same key, or otherwise making zoom-in bound to mouse2?

• Yeah, parry and cancel and aim should all be the same button. I know you can put that into some UDK ini manually, but you can’t do it in game.

• By “cancel” you mean feint? Because if so, that’s a pretty good idea.

• Yeah that would be nice! :)

• You can do this now by editing configs but I don’t know how.

• If someone knows how to how to do that manually (without messing “parry” up) please post it. But, I still think the developers should make it an in-game option.

• @roee30:

If someone knows how to how to do that manually (without messing “parry” up) please post it. But, I still think the developers should make it an in-game option.

Yeah, someone please post a how-to for this. Kthx

• @SlyGoat:

You can do this now by editing configs but I don’t know how.

Didn’t you say they are working on this ?

Modifying ini is not fun, and I don’t think it should be encouraged tbh.

• @anothergod:

@roee30:

If someone knows how to how to do that manually (without messing “parry” up) please post it. But, I still think the developers should make it an in-game option.

Yeah, someone please post a how-to for this. Kthx

See this thread, http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4263

• There appears to be some discrepancy as to what file to edit to get this to work, as I make my modifications manually in UDKInput.ini, but for some this doesn’t work and instead you have to edit UDKGame.ini, so the file will either be:

Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKInput.ini

Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKGame.ini

Change:

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim",Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName="Parry")

to:

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim | GBA_Zoom",Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName="Parry")

If you want feint on your RMB as well, change it to:

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim | GBA_Zoom | GBA_Feint",Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName="Parry")

Does this work? It may be dodgy with Crossbows but should be ok for Bows, I haven’t tested anything.

• If you go into your UDKGame.ini config file (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKGame.ini )

and change:

Bindings=(Name=“RightMouseButton”,Command=“DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim”,Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName=“Parry”)

to:

Bindings=(Name=“RightMouseButton”,Command=“DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim | GBA_Zoom”,Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName=“Parry”)

You should get the desired behaviour.

:EDIT:

Removed erroneous info.

• If you change aim to zoom, you will no longer be able to aim your Crossbow, probably better not to do that!

• @Martin:

If you change aim to zoom, you will no longer be able to aim your Crossbow, probably better not to do that!

ah, that’s what aim does is it :D

You’re right then, just tag GBA_Zoom onto the list of commands executed on rightmousebutton.

:edit:

Though for my implementation of GBA_Zoom I use this instead:

Bindings=(Name=“GBA_Zoom”,Command=“fov 60 | Onrelease fov 120”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=KBFlag_None,FriendlyName=“Unknown”)

Allows you to zoom at any time, and to a greater magnification too but is obviously incompatible with binding it to the RMB.

• Yeah I think I’m going to be using a FOV switch instead of the built in zoom, too, unless it ends up being considered an exploit :P

Binding zoom to block doesn’t seem to be 100% viable - maybe it’s just me experiencing this, but if I try to zoom during the first second or so of the bow being drawn it will feint the arrow. I can see this messing me up more often than it helps.

• @TehJumpingJawa:

@Martin:

If you change aim to zoom, you will no longer be able to aim your Crossbow, probably better not to do that!

ah, that’s what aim does is it :D

You’re right then, just tag GBA_Zoom onto the list of commands executed on rightmousebutton.

:edit:

Though for my implementation of GBA_Zoom I use this instead:

Bindings=(Name=“GBA_Zoom”,Command=“fov 60 | Onrelease fov 120”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=KBFlag_None,FriendlyName=“Unknown”)

Allows you to zoom at any time, and to a greater magnification too but is obviously incompatible with binding it to the RMB.

I know this thread is old, but is there a way to remove the zoom in at anytime? I’m not very good at this stuff and I love the extra zoom, just the anytime zoom kills me. I have sprint and zoom on the same keybind and it’s quite annoying to zoom in when I don’t have my bow up lol. Thanks for any feedback or if anyone gets back to me at all, being how old this thread is. Appreciation in advance!

• I got used to it. I play red orchestra 2 and rising storm. They have shift as their default zoom button. I changed it to alt when I redid my key binds for the game. So I was already used to it.

• The best I can do is look at how the other strings of commands are written and try to make the zoom command only allow said zoom when I’m performing the aim function, it’s just a lot for me to comprehend but I assume if I sit around long enough Ill end up figuring it out. Which is exactly what I’ve been trying to do for the past hour lol.

• did this get removed?