No incentive to do well anymore.

• honestly its wearing me thin. i love this game, but the new auto balence, which is something we needed, is just ruining my fun. i work my ass off to do well for me and my team, i normally sit in the top three slots, often on 32/64 person servers, theres alto of work tyo be done to hold those spaces. without fail, every god damned match, around 75% of the way though enemy starts rage quitting and balence takes me from the top of the list, and tosses me in the enemy team, where we have no chance, because they were either doing terribly or their terrible.

its demoralizing to constently do well, to have helped your team get into a winning stratagy, get them on your side, to be thrown in with people who already gave up winning becayse they been getting steam rolled. i get it, if you lose like your top player you want one of equal skill back. but im tired of being switched cause the archer that is 0/10 finally gave up. its nto even fair to my team, the enemy lost their most useless player, and get a player with a high kdr who can play, and my team, who did nothing wrong gets nothing in return?

maybe im the only one. i mean i dont mind switching to balence, i do it early on, i dont even pick teams all that often i normally hit random. but being changed at the very end of the map just makes me want to stop playing. after working so hard to get us the win, and being slapped.

• This will be changed in the next patch. I’m in the same boat as you!

• I just do duels for now, or play on non official servers. But pretty much just duels. Once the TO map balance patch, and new team balance patches come out. I will be back in there!

• Yep, auto balance has hurt my desire to play as much, too. I really wish they’d hotfix it before the patch, it’s too big of an issue to wait that long.

• @Martin:

This will be changed in the next patch. I’m in the same boat as you!

thats great news for me really, my playtiem has slipped since it was implemented, and i cant wait to get back into it more again.

as for just doing duels, i do sometimes enjoy them, but team objective is my current favortie mode (same as in AoC) and i feel its the gamemore that suffers the most from the issue.

• We hear ya

• Yup, I also think the autobalance should be tweaked.

The other day I was playing a TO map with Georges as the attacker. The only reson we were making any progress at all was that Georges was single handedly slaughtering the enemy team, and even then it was very hard for us to advance and destroy those damn trebuchets, as teams were pretty stacked. Once we were finished with the trebuchets, someone ragequit, and Georges was switched to the defending team. Needless to say no agathian ever got close to the ballistas.

• Is there any real benefit to being on the winning team?
    I usually have fun regardless of which side I’m on. And definitely don’t try to get the top spot, but rather help my team with objectives.

The game is so new, it’s actually beneficial to try and play against better players and in multiple on one scenarios. Just rolling another team because yours is stacked, that won’t make you better.

• I think I’m the only person who doesn’t mind being top of the scoreboard and constantly switched. I don’t take winning too seriously right now, I’m just practicing for duel mode and potentially joining/forming a team right now :)

• @SlyGoat:

I think I’m the only person who doesn’t mind being top of the scoreboard and constantly switched. I don’t take winning too seriously right now, I’m just practicing for duel mode and potentially joining/forming a team right now :)

Hell yeah! I don’t care about that at all (so you are wrong here, bud, I don’t mind either :))

My best experiences so far have been taking on 3-4 enemy players and coming out victorious because I was doing something really right.

• @SlyGoat:

I think I’m the only person who doesn’t mind being top of the scoreboard and constantly switched. I don’t take winning too seriously right now, I’m just practicing for duel mode and potentially joining/forming a team right now :)

No you are not alone - I don’t mind the scoreboard and I have no problem switching sides either.

• It’s really annoying when you’re playing with friends, I don’t mind it too much otherwise.

• @kwazi:

It’s really annoying when you’re playing with friends, I don’t mind it too much otherwise.

Yea same here.

• Yeah, the current auto balance algorithm can be really annoying for high rank players. I’ve had games in which I’ve been switched to the losing team with something like 1 minute left to complete the objective. Also being switched several times in one game can really get on my nerves. I look forward to some changes to the balance system.

• @SlyGoat:

Some men don’t want to join teams and already kill everyone in duel mode.

Some men just want to watch the world burn, and not be switched to the CIA once it’s on fire.

• It’ll be good when this is default on servers. Guess that will work when the next server patches are out. I don’t mind switching to the opposing team and always try to balance out the teams, unless of course you are playing with friends and want to stay on the same team.

Oh and this of course isn’t true when playing Agatha on Hillside TO. The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be king. Always be king.

• Be constantly switched between teams, also if you are playing from the start, is really annoying for me. I think it would be perfect with a rule as ‘last to enter in game first to be switched’.

• First you guys whine that there is no auto balance….then you guys whine that there is too much auto balance…

I personally never had any problem with auto balance, ever.

• its not about being on the winning team. i guess it goes along the lines of the carpterns logic. if everything i build is behind a wall, does it really matter if it loosk neat?

not really, except to me.

i dont care that i lost, i care that i worked my ass off to get my team where it was, and then im robbed of that sense of achomplishment at the end. ive even managed to after leading the bord myself, and killing the king, got switched to the enemy team, after i killed the king. its just a slap.

its just a sense of pride in my work. if i get changed early on or mid way though i really dont care, its being changed when its to late in the game to change anything that really bothers me.

theres also another huge problem. say were just barely holding on, game could go either way and the other team lsoes a member, some avergae player. then lets say our team gets a man switched, but that guy is one of our best players. thats a big problem if we only have a few guys, some maps can be determined by a good player, or a few good ones. and this is something that has happend aswell.

and im not whining their is an auto balence, im asking for it to be tweaked to not rob players of their hard work. theres a difference. i think that either the system trades people of equal score, or if you make ti to a certain position in the team, you get locked unless you fall in score. but its just not fun leading a team to victory to at the last minute and a half watch them now destroy you.

• I’m generallt FFA and always top if I want to be, can’t stand news left clicking thinking they are good so I can’t let them win heh.