MS .Net Framework 4

• Anyone know why the hell I need to install this in order to play Chivalry??
    For some reason it will not install on my PC, and then of course when it won’t install and I have to close the window, Chivalry won’t launch. Have tried several different approaches to no avail.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

• same problem. too bad we paid over $20 for nothing

• Developer

You can try downloading it from Microsoft directly and installing that.

.NET 4 is necessary for the UE3Redist application; you can open it directly in something like 7-Zip ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Redist ), extract it, and install the individual components manually if you need to. If Steam won’t let you get around running the redist installer, you may be able to get around it by launching the game manually (UDK.exe in …\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32), or you can just delete or rename the Redist directory.

(We are moving away from the .NET requirement altogether. No ETA.)

• I have the exact same problem. So annoying!!!

CrustaceanSoup, what do you mean by “or you can just delete or rename the Redist directory.”

I have the full offline version of .Net 4.5 downloaded and I can extract it manually, but where do I install the individual components?

• Developer

I don’t know. You’re supposed to run the .NET installer, not extract things into Windows manually.

• Running the installer manually gives the same errors, I get this.

Note: Running Windows-7 Pro, With a system plenty fast enough. Runs Skyrim, BF3, etc no problem.

Install Message:
    Setup has detected that his computer does not meet the requirements to complete this operation. The following block issues must be resolved before you can proceed.

Blocking Issues:
    You cannot use this setup program to install the .NET Framework.

Warnings:
    Setup may not run properly, because the Windows Update Service is not available on this computer.

Setup may not run properly, because Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is not available on this computer.