Lrn2 develop games

• I´m on lowest setting, and the graphics look like cs 1,6 and i´m still getting average 25-40 fps on servers that have 32 players. I can run Skyrim on highest settings with average 45 fps.

Like i said, lrn2 develop games before you release them and make us, the consumers spend our hard earned cash on them.

• 25-40 fps is acceptable. This game is not as fast paced as something like CS. And what is your rig?

• @danezcou3:

I´m on lowest setting, and the graphics look like cs 1,6 and i´m still getting average 25-40 fps on servers that have 32 players. I can run Skyrim on highest settings with average 45 fps.

Like i said, lrn2 develop games before you release them and make us, the consumers spend our hard earned cash on them.

Skyrim doesn’t really have 32 characters on the screen at the same time, does it?

Turn Character Detail down or get a new cpu.

• core 2 duo e7400 oc 3.5ghz
    gtx 550ti oc +30mhz
    4gb ddr2 ram 400mhz

Its not acceptable when i have a computer that should easily be able to run games on the u3 engine on 60fps.

I get people saying to me, why don´t you develop better games instead of whining? Cmon, lets have a rational discussion here.

• @danezcou3:

core 2 duo e7400 oc 3.5ghz
    gtx 550ti oc +30mhz
    4gb ddr2 ram 400mhz

Its not acceptable when i have a computer that should easily be able to run games on the u3 engine on 60fps.

I get people saying to me, why don´t you develop better games instead of whining? Cmon, lets have a rational discussion here.

No one said that to you here :)

On the other hand, your setup is way outdated. Especially the cpu, as I suspected.

Core 2 duo e7400 oc 3.5ghz is very weak -
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu … 40+2.80GHz
    It would get about 2300 score with Passmark. Which is about 5 times slower than my Ivy Bridge @ 4.5 GHz.

I think the “duo” part might be a large problem. Don’t quote me on this, but I think UE3 engine uses at least two cores for its internal processing, and the video drivers use another core for triangle setup.

• The game is just terribly optimized. Its like it was made to just work on high end computers, when in reality, the graphics are complete and utter shit.

• @danezcou3:

The game is just terribly optimized. Its like it was made to just work on high end computers, when in reality, the graphics are complete and utter shit.

Where do you get this? The game is fairly snappy.
    It uses UE3, which is already optimized by Epic. The maps aren’t too complex and taxing, and neither are the characters and other entities.

If I remember correctly, many reviews have commented that the game was very fast and responsive.

I think what is happening here is that you are in denial about your rig. It’s really slow because it’s really outdated.
    Your computer is slower than most midrange laptops now.

• Yeah, but the problem is the visual quality to performance ratio is bad compared to other UE3 games.

• @Sultanofswing:

Yeah, but the problem is the visual quality to performance ratio is bad compared to other UE3 games.

How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?
    What are the numbers for visual quality and performance in your opinion? And since I cannot do math, what is the ratio?
    Please that ratio to other game ratios.

• @acrh2:

@danezcou3:

The game is just terribly optimized. Its like it was made to just work on high end computers, when in reality, the graphics are complete and utter shit.

It uses UE3, which is already optimized by Epic. The maps aren’t too complex and taxing, and neither are the characters and other entities.

If I remember correctly, many reviews have commented that the game was very fast and responsive.

I think what is happening here is that you are in denial about your rig. It’s really slow because it’s really outdated.

I am fairly certain that its you who is in denial about how terrible the developers are. They are complete amateurs that just happened to make a game thats fairly enjoyable, and barely manages to overshadow how badly just about everything else about it is.

• @acrh2:

@danezcou3:

A lot of reviews also said the animations were smooth and impressive… which while I love the game so far, is laughable.

The game’s performance on computers that aren’t state of the art is something that’s really going to hold it back from being more widespread and successful. Right now I can’t tell my friends that all have reasonable computers to buy this game because of how poorly it runs on anything except those that surpass the reccommended settings by leaps and bounds.

• Well, I can run Unreal tournament 3 with practically maxed settings and have less lag than Chivalry with min settings. And if they are both at max settings, they look very similar in visual quality.

• @danezcou3:

I´m on lowest setting, and the graphics look like cs 1,6 and i´m still getting average 25-40 fps on servers that have 32 players. I can run Skyrim on highest settings with average 45 fps.

How about you learn to set up a rig? :) I’m on a lower-end pc, getting 50+ fps on high settings.

• @MinorityMats:

@danezcou3:

How about you learn to set up a rig? :) I’m on a lower-end pc, getting 50+ fps on high settings.

I know how to set up a rig, what makes you think otherwise?

Tell me your system specs please.

• As this post devolves into a rig pissing match, I thought I would weigh in with some insight. Currently this game runs well on my system:

i5 750 @3.8 GHz
    16GB RAM 1600
    SSD 80 GB
    SATA 2 750GB internal I think seagate I don’t remember
    ATI 5850 1GB DDR3
    Win7 x64

So as you can see not super top of the line but not super old either, the thing that I think most folks over look with PC games today is that they are cross platform releases. So when I used to game back in the 90’s with the old Voodoo 3dFX 16MB cards in SLI to play Mechwarrior Mercs (yeah I went there) it was a PC exclusive thing. There was no way a console would be able to run that then so it would push your system to the point of crying. Which meant you were updating something in your PC every 6 months just to run a new game.

Since this last generation of consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3) dev’s have been designing stuff for all platforms which normally means lowest common denominator. So some PC gamers could coast for years without upgrading because nothing was really taxing these systems the way games used to. If I’m not mistaken this game is designed exclusively for the PC so it may turn out that some of the things you could run 3 years ago just won’t work too well with something designed for modern systems. I’ve seen folks complain about FPS drops and stability problems but overall this game is pretty decent and I’ve played a lot of games and seen some pretty bad launches.

Either way your mileage may very, I think this game is great and it plays well on my system. I hope that you find the answers you need to have it run better or simply find a game that brings you more entertainment.

• That is an expensive rig. If chivalry had crysis like graphics i would find reason to upgrade.

• @Blade:

As this post devolves into a rig pissing match, I thought I would weigh in with some insight. Currently this game runs well on my system:

i5 750 @3.8 GHz
    16GB RAM 1600
    SSD 80 GB
    SATA 2 750GB internal I think seagate I don’t remember
    ATI 5850 1GB DDR3
    Win7 x64

So as you can see not super top of the line but not super old either, the thing that I think most folks over look with PC games today is that they are cross platform releases. So when I used to game back in the 90’s with the old Voodoo 3dFX 16MB cards in SLI to play Mechwarrior Mercs (yeah I went there) it was a PC exclusive thing. There was no way a console would be able to run that then so it would push your system to the point of crying. Which meant you were updating something in your PC every 6 months just to run a new game.

Since this last generation of consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3) dev’s have been designing stuff for all platforms which normally means lowest common denominator. So some PC gamers could coast for years without upgrading because nothing was really taxing these systems the way games used to. If I’m not mistaken this game is designed exclusively for the PC so it may turn out that some of the things you could run 3 years ago just won’t work too well with something designed for modern systems. I’ve seen folks complain about FPS drops and stability problems but overall this game is pretty decent and I’ve played a lot of games and seen some pretty bad launches.

Either way your mileage may very, I think this game is great and it plays well on my system. I hope that you find the answers you need to have it run better or simply find a game that brings you more entertainment.

I really do enjoy this game a lot. I´m hoping they will balance it so that i wont rage quit every single time an archer just decides to pick up his dagger and spam the LM button until he kills me. Or when a knight swings his sword, and visually, the sword is 1 meter away from my character but it still hits me. I mean, this game has so much potential, and its one of the best games i´ve played since i started playing cs:s, but its just that there are so many problems with it, that its worth whining about on the internet, which i don´t do a lot.

• viewforum.php?f=8

If that is the case. I recommend this section of the forums. Help us improve the game with your input. As fun as trashing the developers is, we are pretty numb to that stuff. (I have had much worse thrown my way over the internet.)

Honest feedback is appreciated. We read and discuss pretty much everything we see on here that is constructive criticism.

• @Andrew:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

If that is the case. I recommend this section of the forums. Help us improve the game with your input. As fun as trashing the developers is, we are pretty numb to that stuff. (I have had much worse thrown my way over the internet.)

Honest feedback is appreciated. We read and discuss pretty much everything we see on here that is constructive criticism.

:cry:

Don’t bash the devs. That’s saaaad…

• @danezcou3:

Really? Please do explain how you went about inspecting the source code to find out about how poorly optomized it is.

@danezcou3:

I am fairly certain that its you who is in denial about how terrible the developers are. They are complete amateurs that just happened to make a game thats fairly enjoyable, and barely manages to overshadow how badly just about everything else about it is.

Again. Really? What do you actually know about the developers and how terrible both them and their product is? Please tell me again how they twisted your arm into both buying and playing this game.

Torn Banner is great. Being able to see first hand how they treated Age of Chivalry with such passion, and now seeing the effort and work but into Chivalry, you really should watch what you say.

@danezcou3:

Finally, anyone who spells learn to as lrn2 should save us all the time by not commenting on how to develop video games.

Lets try to be civil here. No need to get so nasty with the developers who are obviously trying their best to bring us the best game that they can. I for one like it very much and don’t need them wasting their time with such negative and nonproductive postings.