Anyone else experiencing very choppy gameplay?

• Hey all, I have a great gaming PC. I know its not an issue with my hardware. But most of the time the game is pretty choppy for me. With 40 to 60 ping in servers I have no idea why this is happening. Maybe its the game itself? I dont know, but I really love this game and I want to play it at its best. Tired of it not being smooth

• What are your specs?

• Intel i940 3.26 ghz processor
    Ati Radeon like 5500 video card…not sure on my video card but it more then meets the max system req.
    12gb ddr3 ram

I even put some of the video settings down anyway…and the game can still be choppy at times. Maybe its just lag…idk. That Arena map always lags for me, not sure if its like that for other people

• If by choppy you mean lag warping, then yes. All the servers I’ve played on today have been lag warping me around, it’s very uncommon.

• @destro816:

Intel i940 3.26 ghz processor
    Ati Radeon like 5500 video card…not sure on my video card but it more then meets the max system req.
    12gb ddr3 ram

I even put some of the video settings down anyway…and the game can still be choppy at times. Maybe its just lag…idk. That Arena map always lags for me, not sure if its like that for other people

Your cpu is pretty decent but your video card is kind of weak.
    You’ll probably benefit the most disabling the following things:
    SSAO/Ambient Occlusion
    Dynamic Shadows.

Try with those turned off. I’m almost sure you will have a completely different experience.

• Video card isn’t bad. But it was like, mid-low range in early 2010, assuming this is it of coarse.

http://gizmodo.com/5467822/ati-radeon-h … nce-for-80

• @Andrew:

Video card isn’t bad. But it was like, mid-low range in early 2010, assuming this is it of coarse.

http://gizmodo.com/5467822/ati-radeon-h … nce-for-80

Don’t trust this developer man-person. He cannot distinguish between 5550 and 5570 :).
    And in any case, both are pretty bad…

• Yea that GPU is pretty weak. Get the free version of fraps or something similar to see what framerates you’re getting in game. I hear this game isn’t that greatly optimized to begin with as well.

• I have a ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, checked on that systemrequirementslab.com site and it rated my pc at the fastest rating, so my computer has no problem running it graphically…its probably the servers

• 40-60 ping is not uncommon and not particularly high. It sounds like you have FPS issue which is hardware related.

Open the console by pressing the key. Then type STAT FPS. If your fps is below 30 then you need to make some adjustments to settings.

As your GFX card is a couple of years old now. I would try turn all settings to minimum. Then raise one at a time, testing to see how it runs each time, to get the best performance.

Try updating your drivers as well.

• doesnt matter , what changes you make : its all the same either in high specs or low specs - the game needs to be Optimized, period!

• @DeusVult:

doesnt matter , what changes you make : its all the same either in high specs or low specs - the game needs to be Optimized, period!

That is simply not true.

i5 3570k (ivy bridge)
    8 GB RAM
    560-ti 448 Core GPU

=70-90 FPS on 32 man servers.

Game runs smooth. No crash’s, freeze’s or problems in nearly 35 hours of play.

The only problem I have had with this game is on two occasions servers were failing to appear. But following the advice on these forums fixed that.

Compared to many AAA games TB have done a fantastic job.

• They didnt make the engine. Building on the engine is little work in terms of programming especially in a fairly simple game as this. What they did was take an undemanding engine and make it more demanding without improving visual quality.