Character Customization (Helps to Identify friends too)

• The ability to customize ones character with different helmets, cuirasses, pauldrons, gauntlets, greaves, and boots would greatly add to the fun of the game and would help friends and rivals identify each other without breaking immersion, as names above heads would do. Names above the head still has it’s place of course. The look of the armor doesn’t have to affect how well it protects the player, just how they look. The ability to change the color of the metal/leather parts of the armor should be limited. Seeing many different colors would look tacky and would hurt immersion, but a few realistic shades/colors would be nice. Shiny metal, or black armor would be cool. Customization of the face, hair and facial hair would be really cool too. It would be nice if both the Agatha and Masons could have access to the same armor. The color of the clothing of course should be dictated by the team that the player is on.

Thanks for hearing me out, and for making this great game!

-Samuraigen

• And thank you for posting 8-)

I know there have been threads more or less on this topic this but I cant for the life of me find them right now.

If I can remember the pro and cons correctly it was something like this.

people for customization stated that-
    .It would make it easier to identify you enemy to hunt them down
    .It would add more enjoyment in being able to create your own persona

people against customization stated that-
    .It would take away from the experience
    .Its better to leave them the same and have them look like professional soldiers not a militia

personally I love cosmetic items that dont change anything but how you look in game.

• I think they would be cool but I can also see one glaring con. If they didn’t have easy to see methods of finding out what class your enemy was it would be an issue. This is really only apparent between knights and vanguards due to weapon similarities. Right now the only way to tell the difference sometimes is the armor.

• I think a little customization is nice but too much would really lose the sense of a cohesive army fighting together. Maybe they could have some sort of code of arms system that allows you create your own and put your symbol on your shield or breastplate or something like that while still keeping the team colors and design.

• We’ve had several threads about this.

I agree with the OP. Customization makes the game more fun and helps you identify who is who on the battlefield. Don’t really see any contra points as long as you can clearly see the team colors on each amor.

I think a little customization is nice but too much would really lose the sense of a cohesive army fighting together.

If I understood the lore correctly one faction is loyal to the king while the other ones are rebels. So it’s pretty logical everyone shares a common appearance.

• Golden helmet, golden claymore, golden dagger!

Come at me bro!

• @King

Thanks for your reply. I thought that there were likely other threads like this, but I couldn’t find them either, so I decided to post my own. I can understand the the cons that you stated, but I still think that the pros outweigh them.

@shadowsora18

Perhaps each class could have its own set of armor pieces to choose from.

@obarbarion

War of the Roses has the very coat of arms customization you speak of, but I would prefer all the Agathians to wear the lion emblem and all the Masons to wear the bird emblem. I do agree that too much customization would be a bad thing; Seeing a knight with a long orange cape or man at arms with a green beard would really hurt the sense of a cohesive army and its realism. I don’t think that a few different armor pieces of each kind with slightly varying shades and colors would hurt the feeling of unity as long as they all had the same colored tabards and tunics that bear the same emblem.

@Siegbert

Sorry, I couldn’t find the other threads. Yeah, It does make sense that they should share a common appearance. I wish that the Masons looked more like the Agathians. I’m not a fan of how the Masons’ armor looks, with an exception of the man at arms.

@Shara

Gold and black are the only colors that I consider extreme, yet still like. The rest of the metals should be varying shades of steel, e.g., nearly white steel, or deep gray. The option of shiny and dull metal armor would be nice too. The leather parts could have a few shades of brown, maybe black too.

• I would love to see character customization and looking forward to get (at least) emblem customisation. (we were pretty close to that stretch goal so I think we will get it soon)
    Op pretty much said everything that I had in my mind.

The only thing that made me question if I should stick with War of the Roses or Chivalry, was that customisation ability in Wotr.

• @obarbarian:

I think a little customization is nice but too much would really lose the sense of a cohesive army fighting together. Maybe they could have some sort of code of arms system that allows you create your own and put your symbol on your shield or breastplate or something like that while still keeping the team colors and design.

this. I love the idea of having your own coat of arms, it would be so much more interesting for clans.

• I like the idea a lot. It reminds me a lot of the Halo days when you could have different armor than your friends and foes but still have the same health. It wouldn’t be an advantage or disadvantage, it would be a cosmetic. The idea is very appealing to the people who like to have cool looks and stand out in the battlefield.

• Ritterbrüder knights helmets FTW!

• I really like the idea of customisation. Some little armor choices would make me happy allready.

To weaken the contra point of that making the armies look like milita: in most of Europe’s cities every citizen had the duty to fight in war and as well had to bring his own armor for it. So armies in the middle ages didn’t look uniform at all.

Even in a group of noble knights there were diffferences since the richer ones obviously could afford better armor.