Arrows are too slow

• I have to lead ten years ahead to hit.

• Norse sword is also too slow.

• It’s not too bad, and I feel like if they changed it now it would just fuck all the archers up who play that class religiously like I do, but I guess I can learn to change :archb: …Lol

• Silly that you must do some serious predicting for Crossbow bolts in close quarters combat as well :x. The speed and dropoff for bolts was perfect in Age of Chivalry.

• @ChJees:

Silly that you must do some serious predicting for Crossbow bolts in close quarters combat as well :x. The speed and dropoff for bolts was perfect in Age of Chivalry.

Why don’t they mimic their old system?

• I think the fact when you use bows in tutorial level to shoot the 2 far targets forcing you to aim literally 50000000000 feet the sky should suffice for a change in archery some how.

• SIGH I get really nervous and soil myself when I tell a joke and people don’t get it

• This is a PvP game. Player versus player.

Where is the “versus” when the outcome depends solely on the aim of the archer? Leading, dodging, predicting, and faking out are all skills that come in play when the arrow is actually able to be dodged.

One could even say that arrows move too fast right now.

• @Zealot:

This is a PvP game. Player versus player.

Where is the “versus” when the outcome depends solely on the aim of the archer? Leading, dodging, predicting, and faking out are all skills that come in play when the arrow is actually able to be dodged.

If you want to eliminate the archer threat, please equip a shield.

• @acrh2:

@Zealot:

You can still very easily shoot the feet.

• @Zealot:

@acrh2:

@Zealot:

Crouch button is your friend.

• @acrh2:

@Zealot:

@acrh2:

That doesn’t work either, last I checked.

• @Zealot:

@acrh2:

@Zealot:

Your zealoty ways are getting in front of your brain. Of course, putting up a shield works against arrows, and of course, crouching reduces the risk of getting shot in the feet.

Do you have a real point?

• @acrh2:

@Zealot:

@acrh2:

Your zealoty ways are getting in front of your brain. Of course, putting up a shield works against arrows, and of course, crouching reduces the risk of getting shot in the feet.

Having to sit back and rely on the incompetence of your opponent is not good gameplay. That is why they call it player versus player.

• @Zealot:

@acrh2:

@Zealot:

Having to sit back and rely on the incompetence of your opponent is not good gameplay. That is why they call it player versus player.

Since when do melee classes sit back and rely on incompetence in this game?
    Are you sure you are playing Chivalry?
    Did you by any chance end up in these forums by accident?
    I have more questions for you, btw.

• @acrh2:

@Zealot:

@acrh2:

Since when do melee classes sit back and rely on incompetence in this game?
    Are you sure you are playing Chivalry?
    Did you by any chance end up in these forums by accident?
    I have more questions for you, btw.

I suggest you reread the thread, because I think you are confused.

• Best solution: remove archer completely. Over the last week and a half I have noticed a dramatic increase in matches turning into archer teams. I would like to continue playing my favorite class (vanguard) but as I have no defense against archers I’m completely out of luck. It is also annoying that I never feel that I can have a fair fight with another player because I will almost always be finished off by either an enemy arrow or a teammate’s arrow…. This TK is also a MASSIVE problem that NEEDS to be solved. The TKer needs to be punished because nobody is learning that swing attacks are not useful in large groups with your teammates. And I would also like to make note on some of the more “noobier” players finding getting some kill strike on an enemy more important than objectives… or NOT TKing your teammate that is already engaged. I get stabbed and sliced so many times by teammates who just jump into the fray hoping to get the last strike… and they usually suck so they die… LONG RANT OVER

Edit: How do you kick somebody? I tried kickvote name but the next line just confuses the hell out of me and I can’t figure it out…

Edit:Edit: I’m kidding about removing the archer completely… it just needs to be nerfed a bit… I admit it takes a lot of skill but its pay off is much greater than learned skill of any other class. I also find that my teammates only ever get head shots on me…

• You can dodge arrows/bolts, you know…

• Good luck dodging arrows. Sheesh. I am not usually watching for slivers of air heading towards me from any direction while warding off an attack. The best I can do is a serpentine pattern of randomness… but I bet that is HILARIOUS to watch and is only effective 1/4 of the time. Archers really don’t have any counters. Shields help but you have to get up close first and a good archer will spend most of their time behind their teammates. And a lot of archers are even worse because you can’t stop all of them and in TO defending is a lot easier when that team is mainly comprised of even half-decent archers.

• @shadowsora18:

Good luck dodging arrows. Sheesh. I am not usually watching for slivers of air heading towards me from any direction while warding off an attack. The best I can do is a serpentine pattern of randomness… but I bet that is HILARIOUS to watch and is only effective 1/4 of the time. Archers really don’t have any counters. Shields help but you have to get up close first and a good archer will spend most of their time behind their teammates. And a lot of archers are even worse because you can’t stop all of them and in TO defending is a lot easier when that team is mainly comprised of even half-decent archers.

This is your brain on drugs…