Stop the M1 Spam - Make Slash cost more Stamina.

• There is your solution. If people run out of stamina quickly just flayling their weapon wildly, it will stop quickly.

• 2 things …

1: it woulnt make a big diference … even without stamina you can still slash, maybe
    not combo but more than enough to mow ppls down …

2: dont take it rudly but if a spammer kills you , youre the only one to blame … they are
    easy to kill … block kick then thrust/overhead …

my opinion.

( they should make a hardcore mode like AOC , stamina doesnt regenerates while youre running , at zero stamina you cant block or attack ( or very slowly and less stronger ) and hp takes more time to regenerate … not impliments these changes directly to the game , just as a sidemode )

• The problem is really that with Spam being so much encouraged by the game right now, you get TKed a lot. Not to mention if you don’t play Knight, most classes can’t stand up to the spam. You can’t get close enough to block/interrupt for a few weapons. All you can do is run :p

• I believe stamina should play a greater role. Not simply because of spammer’s. I believe stamina being more effected by actions would add greater depth to combat.

Personally, I would be interested to know how others find this, stamina is not even a consideration for me. I just rarely even notice it. Not enough to make it effect my actions.

The weight of a weapon should greater effect stamina use.

This would also help re-balance advantages and disadvantages between fast and slow class’s and small/fast and large/slow weapons.

PS: I also believe spammers to be rather easy to deal with. Sure they will catch you out every now and then the same as any other opponent. But they are predictable. I also find them rather comical, when there opponents out maneuver them and they are left in open ground swinging wildly at the air. Leaning up and down moving this way and that, trying to find there opponent.

But either way this behavior should be looked at.

• If enough people truly feel stamina is a problem then perhaps server side options kind of like what Batman was saying will be added.

NO PROMISES! but anything can happen.

• Those spammers are so annoying. I would like to have challenging fights but I can’t when I’m always just stuck fighting these noobs or, more often, stuck dying at the hands of my teammates M1 spam. TK NEEDS a punishment. Too many noob players are more interested in getting their easy kills and since TKs don’t make any difference but an upset player, they won’t change.

• @Xaragoth:

There is your solution. If people run out of stamina quickly just flayling their weapon wildly, it will stop quickly.

I agree people who disagree spam
    8-)

• The only problem with slash spamming is when people lag, and // or the combo animations bugging out improperly displaying when and where the combo attack is coming from. This is especially horrible for fast one handed weapons like the mace and hammer.

• I love it when people spam. So easy to beat them by letting them miss then just punishing them for never blocking.

Learn to parry.

• Feint spamming is the only spamming problem the game faces currently :P

One thing which has been mentioned in this thread is how little stamina matters, which is actually a valid point but only because combos are not currently rewarding enough to use (I.E. the opposite of what OP is saying) because of their high risk for fairly low reward (in most cases the difference in attack speed between doing a combo and just doing two attacks in a row is .2 seconds or less). I definitely feel like MaA struggles with stamina issues if you’re fighting multiple opponents in quick succession.

• @batman666:

2: dont take it rudly but if a spammer kills you , youre the only one to blame … they are
    easy to kill … block kick then thrust/overhead …

@SOC:

I love it when people spam. So easy to beat them by letting them miss then just punishing them for never blocking.

Learn to parry.

THANK YOU.

It’s like what I say in-game when people accuse others of being bad at the game- if they suck so much, kill them.
    Slash spamming makes you extremely predictable. If someone’s doing it, break their pattern and kill them.

• @SlyGoat:

Feint spamming is the only spamming problem the game faces currently :P

One thing which has been mentioned in this thread is how little stamina matters, which is actually a valid point but only because combos are not currently rewarding enough to use (I.E. the opposite of what OP is saying) because of their high risk for fairly low reward (in most cases the difference in attack speed between doing a combo and just doing two attacks in a row is .2 seconds or less). I definitely feel like MaA struggles with stamina issues if you’re fighting multiple opponents in quick succession.

Combos are effective if used deceptively. I will often pretend to miss a swing only to initiate a combo after while my opponent closes the distance to try and attack. Players get bloodthirsty when they see me miss. It doesn’t always work, but it can be useful.

• @UnknownXV:

@SlyGoat:

Feint spamming is the only spamming problem the game faces currently :P

Combos are effective if used deceptively. I will often pretend to miss a swing only to initiate a combo after while my opponent closes the distance to try and attack. Players get bloodthirsty when they see me miss. It doesn’t always work, but it can be useful.

It’s true but if a 1 handed spammer makes you flinch you’ll be spammed to death without a drop of sweat from the spammer.

• I would say that is my fault in such a case, unless it’s a MAA which I feel are overpowered in their ability to use dodge offensively. You can’t use that combo trick against a good man at arms player. You will get hit, guaranteed. But against anyone else using a one hander, it works well as long as you properly judge the distance required. That just takes practice.

One handers again seem fine to me, until you get to man at arms, which can parry as well as anyone else but move faster, can dodge and their one handed weapons are incredibly strong. The Nordic sword will rip through me. I am careful. I can beat a good Man at arms sometimes, but overall; he will win more. Two stabs from a Nordic sword and I am dead, and those two stabs happen in barely a couple seconds. With a feint flinching me and a quick combo after that, it’s over.

I’m not sure how to balance it though. Reducing their damage doesn’t fix the underlying issue I have which is feinting with their weapons is too powerful. They can get up close to anyone in a flash, and no one can consistently defend against a feint from a fast weapon at close ranges.

• I often does spam along with drag screen slash to make people block early and hit them with it.

Spamming need skill too :D