Why play team objective?

• The mode looks horrible, more running, less killing, less competition, more imbalance… i dont see this game being ANYTHING other then its gameplay in its current state, and objectives just take away from it… ffa is by far the best mode… kill everyone, die to no one, respawns, fast paced, not much running… i would understand someone just wanting to do 1v1 duels even for balance, but TO just looks like a big pile of shit to me

• Objective has always been the core of chivalry. Once competitive teams form the meta, it will get significantly better.

• Just because you have

a) no attention span
    b) no patience
    c) die too frequently and so suffer from having to wait 30 sec to respawn and then run to combat

Doesn’t mean we all suffer from these problems 8-)

People want to burn and pillage. Pushing the battering ram to the gate and breaking into the castle and killing the king is exciting. FFA is fun too, but it’s a clusterfuck with no strategy except “pray someone doesn’t spawn behind you”. I fail to see how TO is less competition, I wouldn’t have to insult you if you provided some evidence for your claims.

• TO is definitely the best mode in this game despite spawn balancing issues and maps.

• WHAT??? Objective mode is outstanding and the most fun. Finally a game mode that makes sense instead of a boring capture the flag. The map where you have to burn and pillage - siege the castle and finally kill the king is incredible fun. I simply love to play those objective maps with my friends.

• hoenstly my only annoyence with TOM is that so many people think its TDM.

team objective mode gives us a pushing reason to do things, its context for the game. you might not like it and thats totally fine, but i personally find the death match modes boring.there isnt less fighting, theres just less RANDOM fighting, the fights take place around the objectives, and i dont notice any more running then i do in the TDM or FFA matches where i have to run across an open field to find a fight.

• Play FFA if that’s what you like. As far as I am aware they are not going to remove any modes so you do not need to worry.

• TO is definitely the most fun for me, but I can’t wait to weed out all of the “I WANT LOTS OF KILLS IN THIS TEAM DEATH MATCH!” people. Why even start a topic like this? Your favorite modes aren’t getting removed so why do you have to complain about modes that others like?

• @Fb62:

The mode looks horrible, more running, less killing, less competition, more imbalance… i dont see this game being ANYTHING other then its gameplay in its current state, and objectives just take away from it… ffa is by far the best mode… kill everyone, die to no one, respawns, fast paced, not much running… i would understand someone just wanting to do 1v1 duels even for balance, but TO just looks like a big pile of shit to me

naw i agree with this. but the spawns on FFA are bad i think

• TO is what will give the longevity to this game, and thankfully it’s already fun. Working towards an objective as a team is much more fun than randomly killing/dying to people in a FFA.

• I’ve been playing TO for about 10 hours now, pretty amazing. Death match is just lone wolves, no one communicates or talks. In TO people get passionate about winning. It’s awesome and the maps are balanced.

• TO is the only mode I play, you can tell that the game was designed around it. If I want to do a FFA/Deathmatch I would play Halo.

• @Deafbee:

WHAT??? Objective mode is outstanding and the most fun. Finally a game mode that makes sense instead of a boring capture the flag. The map where you have to burn and pillage - siege the castle and finally kill the king is incredible fun. I simply love to play those objective maps with my friends.

Agree totally with this :D

• Objectives have the potential to be fun, if they weren’t constantly bugged and suffer from terrible map design. Right now, they heavily favor defense in the majority of maps with archers having wonderful little nests to spawn into where your melee can never reach. Between the rain of arrows from spawn and the many maps with objectives that just plain don’t work (opening the sluicegates, anyone?) I’ve seen more timed out maps than I’ve seen completed, by a far margin.

Because of that, the matches usually devolve into some skirmish in the middle, and if you’re going to do that, TDM or FFA are better.

• Guys he is just trolling… or just plain dumb. shrugs