HOW TO MAKE SERVER FORCE FIRST PERSON ONLY?

• Thanks. :)

• Dont tell him. First person is gey.

• lol its part of the rules of the tournament!

im a firm believer that you will be more skilled at attacking in first person

but parrying is much easier in 3rd person. plus the advantage of having eyes on the back of your head

• curious because i have a new server which i would like to turn to first person o nly from time to time

it is chicago based

i may get one for west coast and east coast too if some other people throw in

• Probably isn’t the place to discuss this, but i really don’t like how people are forcing their first person preferences on everyone. Its debatable that third person even gives an advantage in a 1v1 duel, but lets just say it does for the sake of argument. Why should everyone have to play in first person just because some people decide to handicap themselves by playing in first person? Should we not allow higher FoV as well since some people may prefer not to use it?

I guess the reason people feel they should force first person on everyone is because they feel its how the game is meant to be played. Honestly, even though I use third in every official server that allows it I feel it shouldnt have been implemented in the game, but its added now and It’s too late to go back. I just dont think its right to force it on people when they’re so used to third person. Its debatable whether or not it should have been implemented, but it is, and I think we should respect torn banners decision to do so as well as the decision of the players to use the feature.

• well it would be one thing if every server is that way

i understand if you prefer playing one way

there might be 3rd person competitions, actually its very likely considering a lot of the competitions will be 1st person only, some people will start 3rd person competitions

• @Smellyhobo101:

Probably isn’t the place to discuss this, but i really don’t like how people are forcing their first person preferences on everyone. Its debatable that third person even gives an advantage in a 1v1 duel, but lets just say it does for the sake of argument. Why should everyone have to play in first person just because some people decide to handicap themselves by playing in first person? Should we not allow higher FoV as well since some people may prefer not to use it?

I guess the reason people feel they should force first person on everyone is because they feel its how the game is meant to be played. Honestly, even though I use third in every official server that allows it I feel it shouldnt have been implemented in the game, but its added now and It’s too late to go back. I just dont think its right to force it on people when they’re so used to third person. Its debatable whether or not it should have been implemented, but it is, and I think we should respect torn banners decision to do so as well as the decision of the players to use the feature.

Everyone with the same rules creates more competitive game-play. As you say it’s debatable, I personnaly think first view gives more advantages when you’re confortable with it.

• @kamoa:

Everyone with the same rules creates more competitive game-play.

Doesnt justify removing 3rd person. By that logic we should also ban high FoV, since some people will chose to use low FoV.

• bump bump bump

trying to get an answer here :)

thank you

• i bet people like you also get mad when people use 130 fov and bunnyhop all over the place to get acceleration

• bump

so no one knows how?

• I am all about a first-person-only server. Check out this post from the devs and the attached PDF:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2687