I'd love tos ee a Warhammer Fantasy or Lord of the Rings mod

• I’d personally love to see these mods for this game, I can’t stop imaginning theme and they seem awesome in my head. Is anybody going to make these mods?
    I know there is a Warhammer 40K mod in developement, but for me, Fantasy or LotR would fit very well with the game ambience, combat, etc.
    Just imagine some undead warriors or some orcs, elves… all wearing their armor based on the film or in case of WF, the game intself.

• You have good taste :P, two of my favorite art forms!… And Zombies :P

• @Fluffykins:

You have good taste :P, two of my favorite art forms!… And Zombies :P

We’ve already discussed zombies many times. The decision is made.
    We’re going with a peasant rev- I mean BARRELS.

• Signed up just to say, YES! Ever since this game came out, I thought it would be awesome to have a Warhammer Fantasy mod. Maybe even make skins for other races! Orcs, and goblins, dwarves etc. If someone does this I will be forever in your debt!

• I’d rather fight as a human against some Uruk-Hai :)

• Warhammer Fantasy mod? Yes please.

• SSSSSSSSSSSSSSKAVEN!!!

• @SavageBeatings:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSKAVEN!!!

Lizardmen ^u^

• I can imagine a coop mode in a lotr mod. Waiting in Balin’s tomb for some orcs. Oh and cavetroll could pop out of somewhere perhaps :)

• There’s always a possibility of course that all of that hard work you’ve been working on for months gets trashed because of WB’s copyright shite. It was so sad to see all the MERP stuff get trashed, I’d say it’s a pretty big risk right now to do a LOTR mod, especially with the Hobbit marketing in full push right now. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Warhammer mod get shut down though.

I’d also really like a Star Wars mod, the game fits perfectly for some good old lightsaber duels. But Star Wars is in the same predicament as LOTR is right now. Disney will probably not want any other Star Wars “products” (or a Chiv SW mod in this instance) on the market to cause confusion around the upcoming movies. So chances are pretty high it might get shut down by Disney. I’m not saying that I don’t want to see any of these mods, just that it would be super sad to see months of work get wasted.

So far Bushido: Feudal Warfare seems to be the first legit mod to come out, and I’m super excited for that.

• @Pilgore:

There’s always a possibility of course that all of that hard work you’ve been working on for months gets trashed because of WB’s copyright shite. It was so sad to see all the MERP stuff get trashed, I’d say it’s a pretty big risk right now to do a LOTR mod, especially with the Hobbit marketing in full push right now. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Warhammer mod get shut down though.

I’d also really like a Star Wars mod, the game fits perfectly for some good old lightsaber duels. But Star Wars is in the same predicament as LOTR is right now. Disney will probably not want any other Star Wars “products” (or a Chiv SW mod in this instance) on the market to cause confusion around the upcoming movies. So chances are pretty high it might get shut down by Disney. I’m not saying that I don’t want to see any of these mods, just that it would be super sad to see months of work get wasted.

So far Bushido: Feudal Warfare seems to be the first legit mod to come out, and I’m super excited for that.

Lol what is MERP? I’m surprised a mod would get cease and desist when there is no profit coming out of it (directly I guess) when the 3d asset market is riddled with direct copyright infringement for things like 10$ coca cola cans which have been up for years.

• MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing Project) was a Skyrim LOTR total conversion that was worked on for years and looked PHENOMENAL, everyone was anticipating it’s release. It was worked on for years by a dedicated team of modders until it got a cease and desist letter from WB and it was shut down. There were petitions, twitter campaigns etc to #FreeMERP.

http://kotaku.com/5939383/gorgeous-lord … r-brothers

• This would be a pretty sick mod!
    Elves=Archers, Hobbits=MAA, etc. Haha I wonder if Ents or Ringwraiths are allowed :S Probably be nerfed the second it came out.

• Warhammer fantasy mod would be quite fantastic!

• It should be divided into races specifically, so you don’t get a team with elves, humans, dwarves mixed. Sure, you could play as allies in some new form of game mode that would come with such a mode, but I’d prefer if armies looked like they do in their respective universe.

So since I’m a fan of Skaven, I’m gonna use Skaven as an example. People not versed with Warhammer, Skaven are evil rat-men.

First, you could be able to pick the race, the Skaven race, like you pick your team. There will be other races like Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Chaos etc.

Second, you could be able to pick your clan! Just picking four different units from Warhammer to use in Chivalry seems like it’s too little! The clans would work perfectly, since there are four major ones:

If you are a good man-at-arms, you might want to pick Clan Eshin, which is the assassin clan. Short, stabby, poisoned weapons, throwing knives and quiet, agile rats.

If you are a good archer, you might want to pick Clan Skryre, which is the technology clan. This means they have all sorts of high-tech ranged weapons, like long sharpshooting rifles, throwable glass balls with poison gas, gatling gun and flamethrower even!

If you are a good knight, you can pick Clan Pestilens. These rats bring all sorts of plague, dressed in cloaks and wielding popular flails.

If you are a good vanguard, there’s only one clan left which is Clan Moulder. It’s a clan that breed aggressive mutant monsters. And we all know what monsters vanguards are. So yeah, you could be able to play a giant rat ogre if you’d like. Would that be overpowered? Limited to one rat ogre per game, I guess.

So, when you’ve picked your Race and your Clan, then you pick your Class!

My thinking is that each clan has one class that is better than other clans’ classes. For example, Clan Eshin’s man-at-arms will be better than other clans’ man-at-arms, but it will be restricted so that not everyone who loves MaA will join Clan Eshin and pick that role.
    Like if you pick Clan Moulder, of course everyone’s gonna want to be the knight, the Rat Ogre. Think the cave troll from Lord of the Rings, but a rat instead. So that has to be restricted, so that you can only have one or two of them, depending on the amount of players in-game. He’s going to be a tough opponent for the opposite team, so therefore the other classes in Clan Moulder has to be weaker and act more as support. Clan Moulder’s man-at-arms would be Skaven Slaves, for example. They should still be fun to play, though!

To give you flavour [image][/image]of what you get, here’s some Warhammer concept art of the clans:

CLAN MOULDER

[image:c0xwxh0u]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh45/jcardens/ratogre.jpg[/image:c0xwxh0u]

[image:c0xwxh0u]http://maitre.dragon.free.fr/images/warhammer/bestiaire/71.jpg[/image:c0xwxh0u]

CLAN SKRYRE

[image:c0xwxh0u]http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1334/52/1334527366946.jpg[/image:c0xwxh0u]

[image:c0xwxh0u]http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2010/08/skaven-4.jpg[/image:c0xwxh0u]

CLAN PESTILENS

[image:c0xwxh0u]http://www.creaturespot.com/storage/Sk_PlagueMonk_LineDrawing_01_02_Daarken.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285713794438[/image:c0xwxh0u]

CLAN ESHIN

[image:c0xwxh0u]http://evofh1l.devhub.com/img/upload/BH_Assassin.jpg[/image:c0xwxh0u]

[image:c0xwxh0u]http://e621.net/data/8b/cb/8bcb1468001cf73d99364995f9837f01.jpg[/image:c0xwxh0u]

• I am going to get one tactical and strategic map out the door then I will start a kickstarter for a LOR mod.