Very annoying: fake playercount

• I’m not sure whether this is simply some form of error with the server browser, or it’s just hosting companies being dickwads (I know Multiplay and many other hosting companies tend to show a misleading player count on their servers in other games, and a ton of Chivalry servers are Multiplay).

Either way, something needs to be done about it. Half the servers I join have a player count of 23/24, and once I’m actually in it turns out there’s 0 players on either team.

• Yeah, I think it’s a bug. I’ll often join “full” 24/24 player games that really only have about 16 players.

• This is one of the things they need to really sort out.

I joined 4 different servers today, and all of them were listed with 21 to 23 players on a max 24 player server. Each one I joined had only 5 players on each team (10 players total).

Pissed me off to the point that I simply quit the game and went to play War of t he Roses instead. At least there are no inflated player counts there to “trick” you onto a server.

Whether this is an issue with Chivalry and their serverbrowser, or if it’s some exceedingly moronic stunt by multiplay (I only tried their servers today), it still needs to be fracking sorted. I have no intention of being tricked onto a dozen different servers just to find one that is actually populated.

If I want low population servers I will seek those out myself, but I don’t, so stop trying to be wise-asses and lure us into filling up empty servers.