Longbow hit reg must be fixed

• Let me preface this by saying that this isn’t a global problem. The rate at which arrows hit varies greatly from server to server, and I mean greatly. Moreso than it should.

Whatever’s happening has to be normalized. Testing this out, I went to two servers, official and unofficial. I won’t say which was which, but on one server, playing Archer with the default loadout defending as Masons, I couldn’t manage more than one kill. On several occasions, I actually watched through the arrow cam as arrows would stop dead on target, but inflict no damage. In a few cases, the arrow actually passed through the target. On the other server, under the exact same conditions and the same map, I gathered ten kills using the exact same tactics. Both servers registered under 60 ping, and my network is clear, so latency is not an issue, neither is the hardware I use to play this game (no frame drops, hiccups, or rubberbanding unless the entire server experiences it).

So what’s the issue? When can we expect a fix?

• This happens to me to. I have watched so many arrows go through people I want to punch my screen. It’s so annoying to get a perfect shot to the chest wizz straight through some pro knight.
    I don’t understand why this game is out. By that I mean it seems to me it should still be in Beta testing…

• I’ve never experienced that. And I ONLY play archer, i pretty much suck at the other classes.

But IMO archers are not fast enough if you compare with knights and the other classes.
    Its really really stupid that a knight can keep up and even catch a running archer.
    Since the arhcer only have a iron helmet and rest heavy clothing. But the darn knight has heavy armor all over his body, and can keep up with a damn archer. Annoying.

• I bitch a LOT about archers. I think they are by far the hardest class to play. I think it’s difficult to land hits and when you do they don’t do that much damage. I don’t really think they are balanced because they are simply much harder than other classes to play.

• @Strand:

I’ve never experienced that. And I ONLY play archer, i pretty much suck at the other classes.

But IMO archers are not fast enough if you compare with knights and the other classes.
    Its really really stupid that a knight can keep up and even catch a running archer.
    Since the arhcer only have a iron helmet and rest heavy clothing. But the darn knight has heavy armor all over his body, and can keep up with a damn archer. Annoying.

It’s worse when there aren’t teammates near you, or you’re in FFA, and the downtime between bow shots (i.e., the time the animation takes to play) is so long that it’s difficult to switch to your melee weapon in time. Archers do need to be faster if the reg issues don’t change. (I know you said it doesn’t happen to you, but naturally with any given bug, some people just plain won’t have it.)