ZOMBIES!

• Need I explain further?

• a Zombies mode would be really cool for this game. I would play it. maybe Chivalry II.
    … or possibly a mod

• Actually, it would be a pretty legit idea. A first person medieval combat game that has a zombie mode. It’d honestly be unique.

• Im not sure a zombie could do much anything to you in a full suit of armor :| , other than crowding you. But theyd hardly get to your flesh.

• @Sultanofswing:

Im not sure a zombie could do much anything to you in a full suit of armor :| , other than crowding you. But theyd hardly get to your flesh.

They can still rip your arms off, force you to the ground and pretty much suffocate you, tear your armor apart and get into that tasty fleshy center. Being in a full suit of armor can be great, but you’re pretty much Canned Food to them.

• Considering a zombie basically has the capabilities of an unarmed human, how?

• Well you have joints that are technically exposed, your armor isn’t exactly one solidly made piece, it is all held on together by leather straps. And a Zombie technically is stronger than the average unarmed human due to the fact that they have no limit, they don’t tire. We tire out, we automatically tend to stop when we overwork and over-stress ourselves to prevent damage being made to our own muscles, but they don’t have that.

• Okay they maybe would be able to bite unexposed parts to some extent, but theyre unarmed attacks would be practically useless. They would need to be given weapons or something.

• True in a way I guess, can imagine a zombie prising an armored knights shoulder plate off and digging his teeth straight into the collar bone! Unless he had chain mail on of course, that is all one piece.

Could be an awesome survival mod! Comin’ at you in waves and fighting them co-op style ;)

• But how should a zombies mode work? Would it be 64 players defending a castle or is it a much smaller group? When you get bit do you die, or do you become a zombie? Do you spawn with whatever weapon you want or do you unlock/pick up weapons as you go?

I like the idea of a large group holding their ground behind city walls. Becoming a zombie might be cool but idk.

• The zombies would come out of the edges of the map in waves, and a debateable amount of people on the server have to finish them off. Every round increases in difficulty.

• Come to think of it, a fully armoured Knight is probably more protected than the modern day equivalent. After a few zombies have lost their teeth trying to bite through steel and chain, you could keep them as pets!

• Really like this idea. As for Knights, perhaps they could be the old-fashioned supernaturally-strong zombies of yore (which fits for a game such as this) instead of the pseudo-realistic modern viral zombie (You know, the 28 Days Later/L4D kind). Those would definitely have enough strength to simply punch through plate if you got mobbed by enough of them.

It’d be a nice gamemode to combine wave-type horde gameplay with a Protect the King sub-objective.

• or you know, Zombie with axes, and skeleton Warriors and Archer, fighting undead armies

• Zombies with weapons - in Chivalry, you can literally un-arm them!

• If the zombies weren’t the modern kind and more like the old voodoo demons, it wouldn’t be much of a stretch for them to bite right through plate and chainmail.

• Knights should be able to survive about 12 zombie punches, archers 4, MaA 6, vang 8. Knights would be slowed up even more in the mod.

That would even it, no?

• Here’s how I think this’d work: castle siege mode, but the zombies have a timer on how long they have to bash at the castle’s doors before they break. The zombies would attack you, but would be the slow, shambling ones. The map I think should be this would be Stoneshill, so the zombies are constantly spawning in the village (zombie peasants o_O), and you have to fight off waves of them. Having the door to the castle being repairable, along with extra defenses and barricades, would work well. So, basically a fortress survival mdoe - think Nacht Der Untoten. Also, whenever a player/knight bot dies, their corpse would turn into a zombie. Also, random Mason zombies in the horde attacking =) to give it a sense of the non-exclusive zombies (they attack every living thing).

• How about a “Plauge Mode” instead? With infeasted and poisioned units running around with rabies or something? Since people are asking for something more realistic gameplay…

• I’d be for it. would be fun for a 1-year Halloween special or something next year.

@Martin:

Come to think of it, a fully armoured Knight is probably more protected than the modern day equivalent. After a few zombies have lost their teeth trying to bite through steel and chain, you could keep them as pets!

Don’t forget that the undead have limitless strength. Without the ability to feel pain or exhaustion, they could easily overpower you with sheer determination. Yeah, you might be safe for a while, but the soft joints in plate armor would soon tear under relentless pulling and gnawing, and chainmail won’t protect from the crushing force of a human jaw no more than it would the crushing force of a war hammer.