Fake Playercounts - lets boycott Multiplay

• Fake playercounts seem to mostly, if not exclusively, happen on Multiplay servers.

I propose we all stop using Multiplay servers. If they need to fool players with fake playercounts to get people onto their shoddy servers, then I say we simply boycott them and stop playing on their servers altogether.

And I don’t mean just in Chivalry. I also mean any other game they are hosting servers for.

Lets prove to them that treating communities like shit and thinking they can just do what they want to fool people onto their servers to inflate their server activity is not going stand.

Stop joining Multiplay and start joining other server hosts.

• I had noticed that too, I’m quite disappointed really.
    Every server I joined had 24/24 but ended up with about 3 people.

I didn’t realize they could do that, I just thought I wasn’t refreshing enough or that the refreshing wasn’t working.

• They do it to make it seems like their servers are active, and thus draw people to them.

Fake numbers can work, i.e. a server has 18 players but the browser shows 22/24. So people join it and then, voila, server is full.

However, when servers are empty, or near empty, this backfires wildly because it’s pretty obvious a server isn’t near full when there is only 3 vs 3 players on the server.

The fact that Multiplay tries to fool us with this simply proves how little they care about players, and that they think we are total morons.

Thus, I say we give them what they deserve, which is completely empty servers.

• I think you guys are getting upset over a bug with the steam servers. More then just the multiplay servers will occasionally show the wrong numbers of players.

• Sometimes I have top remind myself that children play this game and frequent these forums as well.

• @gB:

I think you guys are getting upset over a bug with the steam servers. More then just the multiplay servers will occasionally show the wrong numbers of players.

Multiplay is known for pulling this shit, and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if they’re abusing it in this game as well.

• @Nerfed:

@gB:

I think you guys are getting upset over a bug with the steam servers. More then just the multiplay servers will occasionally show the wrong numbers of players.

Multiplay is known for pulling this shit, and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if they’re abusing it in this game as well.

Exactly its not the first time. gB it’s been a while since you are there, shouldn’t you know?
    Currently it’s almost exclusively multiplay that has this bug. What a coincidence.

• My two multiplay servers also have this “problem” and it’s pissing me off, because instead of making more people join it makes the server half-empty all the time. When people see it’s full they don’t think about trying to join, you know.

Oddly enough when I restart the servers, these “fake” slots, or ghost slots like I call them disappear.

Maybe it’s not done on purpose, maybe it’s some sort of authentication or time-out issue, who knows.

• I’ve noticed this as well. It is deceptive and should be put to a stop.

• Gmod.Biz does this with their Gmod servers, too. It may be a bug, but these guys definately are exploiting it on purpose.