Game crashes when I try skipping the intro

• Hello, I’m brand new to this game and these forums, and I found a huge issue when I start up the game. I see the teaser trailer for the game, and I thought it was cool at first. A few hours after shutting off the game, I decided to come back and play it again. I see the intro again, so I left click to skip it. The intro suddenly stops, but the sound keeps going. All of a sudden, the game fades gray and tells me “hl2.exe is not responding”. I tried skipping the intro at different times, still doesn’t work. My only option is to watch the intro every time I start up the game. After the 5th damn time I watch the trailer, it just got annoying. The fact you were forced to watch a 2 minute long trailer every time you start the game is just ludicrous. I’m not the only one that has this problem, either. One of my friends who plays this game found this, too. If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE. RESPOND.

Edit: And yes, I already tried renaming the movie files and deleting them all together. When I try starting the game, it just makes them again.

• I can’t tell you the exact instructions right now because I don’t have access to my PC, but you should be able to right click Age of Chivalry in steam and add -novid to the startup line.

• @Blaine:

I can’t tell you the exact instructions right now because I don’t have access to my PC, but you should be able to right click Age of Chivalry in steam and add -novid to the startup line.

What do you mean by “right click Age of Chivalry in steam and add -novid to the startup line.”? Where do I find this start up line?

• Developer

Right click Age of Chivalry in your steam games tab. Hit properties, then “set launch options”. In here type -novid . And it should load up without launching the cinematic trailer.

• Hit escape. Left click, space, enter etc wont work. Escape should work.

• I did the same, but because the game crashed when showing the video. No vid no problem :D

• that all sounds realy complicated just press space.

• It’s really not complicated. - Thanks! I’m going to put this in.

• My game crashes after the intro and during the loading screen.