TeamKilling always activated

• Hello and sorry for my poor english.
    I have a suggestion really important to me, in order to make Chivalry Medieval Warfare more exciting than ever.

Actually, A lot of games disable the TeamKilling option, or made it activable or not. But I think that a game with TK always activated improve the gaming experience and the immersion to a realistic world : The palyers must be carfull, attack with strategic, the archers must had a good sight, etc. Unfortunately, In many games of today, the result of the disabled TK option shows combats totally confused, with no skills : Everyone is slaying in the mêlee without any caution… What a pity to see an arrow pass through an ally :x

Today im bored of all of theese games completly simplified where you just have to click in the mass without any Co-Ops feelings. Of course, with a constant TK activated, we can though that there will be many TKers to come just for killing their comrades. But with a nice Punish System and a High reduce of Experience due to a Teamkilling, this can be Awesome. For example, in America’s Army (a free FPS), the TK is alway activated, and for each TK, you loose a large ammount of Experience. This help to avoid volontary Teamkillers and reinforce by the way the friendship teamworks.

Again, sorry if some of my words didn’t sounds correctly, im not very good at English, but i wish you’ll understand ;)

• Developer

Team killing will be on by default, as it is agreed by most people that it provides a better gameplay experience. However, we will allow server operators to turn it off if they choose, as there are some people that prefer to play in this method as well.

• The problem is that in most of cases, people turn OFF the TK when they have this possibility. At final, most of 80% of servers disable the TK, so after, it’s difficult to find a good one. I think TeamKilling enabled should be a part of the game, but… I suppose that some people thinks otherwise.

• Not giving server admins absolute control over their own servers will only lead to mods filling this gap.

• Falheim let’s wait and see, the hit system weren’t the best in world in AOC. If there is improved hit system people will more likely have ff on. Not that ff had much good to add to AOC, mainly teammates kill eachother and steal their flag infront our cap zone. teammates killing you all the time, attacking with a slash regardless teammates being close. Omg my allie took te explosive barrel right infront of me, I will kill him raggeee. Jesus, I don’t want that NO MORE!!!

• @falheim:

The problem is that in most of cases, people turn OFF the TK when they have this possibility. At final, most of 80% of servers disable the TK, so after, it’s difficult to find a good one. I think TeamKilling enabled should be a part of the game, but… I suppose that some people thinks otherwise.

This wasn’t a problem in AoC. At the peak of its popularity, the vast majority of servers were owned by clans who knew the game and knew it was meant to be played with FF enabled. There were only a few non-FF servers, but they were always popular because newer players often don’t feel comfortable playing with FF enabled.

One thing I still REALLY hope Chivalry has which I was always disappointed AoC lacked is a reverse friendly fire option; if you hit a teammate, you take the damage they would have. This keeps combat skill based and makes you watch your swings even more (because let’s be honest most people who swing through teammates with FF on clearly don’t care about their teammates’ lives, but they’d probably care about their own), but it can be left on when a server admin isn’t present without the risk of griefing, which is a major reason why some servers disabled friendly fire, because they couldn’t have an admin on all the time to moderate it.

• Good points slygoat, if they implemented a good ff punish system it would fix most of the problems.

There is many was to approch this, here are some:

• massive decrease in score
    • less level up xp
    • kill tk’er
    • lose half health of tk’er
    • 4 tk’s = kick from server, also ban for 2 hour or rest of day.

You should probobrly add things as, one dude attaking another dude again and again (ff) ban dude who ff’s. (Some flaws here I know =/ )

• Sly, i know some people like that system but that is THE number one biggest complaint i have with most warband servers. I hate reflective hits, because most of the time it’s their fault they got hit in the first place! Although if it was only an option to have this type of “ff” then i would make sure never to have it on my server because I would be playing all the time, so i would be able to admin my server ALL the time :)

Really, for ff to be on a server it comes down to admins, the more you have with kick and low ban times the better, because you can get griefers off your server and keep them off.

• @Andrew:

Good points slygoat, if they implemented a good ff punish system it would fix most of the problems.

There is many was to approch this, here are some:

• massive decrease in score
    • less level up xp
    • kill tk’er
    • lose half health of tk’er
    • 4 tk’s = kick from server, also ban for 2 hour or rest of day.

You should probobrly add things as, one dude attaking another dude again and again (ff) ban dude who ff’s. (Some flaws here I know =/ )

The problem with punish systems is their varying degrees of punishment don’t make sense. First of all, if someone TKs you accidentally, you won’t want to punish them period, so the first few levels like “decrease score, less xp, whatever” are useless because they’d only punish genuine players who fucked up - the only people who would punish in that case are the spiteful and the griefers themselves.

Then there’s the later penalties; again, killing a teammate through the punish system can TEMPORARILY deal with a griefer, but why would you want to kill your own teammate who accidentally hit you? Now you’re down two players instead of one.

And of course, having anyone on the server given the option to kick/ban someone who TKs them; if this requires a significant amount of TKs, the damage from the griefer is already done. If it requires relatively few, the griefers can try and get themselves TKed on purpose so that they can get people kicked/banned.

Overall punishment systems are a theoretical bandage solution and don’t work in practice.

Also @ Vox, yeah reverse friendly fire has its downsides, but honestly a player who is aware of their surroundings will rarely hit teammates even if the teammate is playing terribly and fighting out of position; while the terrible out of position player will end up hitting teammates ALL THE TIME. So personally, I’d rather take the risk of hitting a teammate once or twice and taking some damage, as opposed to having to watch out for everyone on my team and never be around them when they’re fighting because I know they’re just going to spam slash and cleave through me, getting me killed repeatedly - sure, with reverse FF, they’ll probably still do this… but they’ll be killing themselves instead of me, which will make them more careful in the future.

• i guess i hate it so much cuz i always end up HS myself in fire and blade :| fucking teammates

• lol at least it doesn’t have the system where both players take damage and get knocked open ¬¬
    the number of times ive spent 1500 denars on some swanky armour just so some tker can batter at me with an axe in the spawn,knowing full well that he’s going to die but i’m going to have to fight that life on 25% hp, and if i fight back i’ll just lose more D;!!!
    /RAGE

• I agree with SlyGoat, reflective FF works very well most of the time, especially when it’s fully customisable so the admin can set a % damage reflected and a % damage to teammate (which don’t necessarily add up to 100%). Even when there are admins online, I find a system of part reflective, part non-reflective better than full FF to teammates. That only works in competition, in my experience, not on public servers.