How do the ranks work?

• Think it was stated somewhere already, but basically it’s just the amount of points a players has got.

• Rank builds up through kills and assists. The more you’ve done in the course of your playtime, the higher your rank will be.

• just to let u know OP there’s nothing special about ranks.
    hope that didnt sound mean :|

• I don’t really think they mean anything, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they did in the future, IE: rank limits for certain servers.

• How about broadcasting to the server when someone gains a rank? It would draw some more attention to it.

• I use it as a rough guide on how many hours somebody has played the game, and nothing else. Not how good they are at it, or for how long they’ve played, just how many hours.

• I guess I’ll stop at rank 30 until they fix the issues with the game!

• @Eek!:

I use it as a rough guide on how many hours somebody has played the game, and nothing else. Not how good they are at it, or for how long they’ve played, just how many hours.

Isnt how long they’ve played, how many hours?

• @Eek!:

I use it as a rough guide on how many hours somebody has played the game, and nothing else.

It’s not too reliable though. Someone with a high rank may just have started yesterday (meaning they’re incredibly skilled), or started at release and has just slowly been going up in ranks over time.

With that in mind, ranks really don’t mean anything at all. They’re merely a number.

• @Hlodvic:

@Eek!:

I use it as a rough guide on how many hours somebody has played the game, and nothing else. Not how good they are at it, or for how long they’ve played, just how many hours.

Isnt how long they’ve played, how many hours?

I was talking in terms of days or weeks. You could be a light user that’s owned the game for a month, plays the game every day but just for half an hour, or you could be somebody that’s only owned the game for a few days but plays it for eight hours at a pop.

• You have people who get 5 kills every match and advance slowly and people who get 30 kills every match and advance quickly. There’s no way of knowing what is the case unless you see that person often.

Having a high rank does vaguely signify that a person has ‘mastered’ the game, as in he’s no longer very new and hasn’t quit out of frustration for not getting kills.

• id also like to know what the point, in “points” is.

No pun intended.

sorry for hi-jacking ur thread, but there kind of similar.

• @donjpclarke:

id also like to know what the point, in “points” is.

No pun intended.

sorry for hi-jacking ur thread, but there kind of similar.

Showing who’s actually doing the damn objectives in TO.

As much fun as it may be to fight all the midfielding masons, there’s a petard that requires pushing.