Balance Javelin?

• I don’t know if I’m the only one but I have the feeling that playing javelin is totally useless especially when you’re melee.

The javelin “recharge” rate (when you just threw one and have to take another) is perfect. It makes it not spammable and balanced.

The number of javelins is good too in my opinion.

What is really, really shitty is the fact that you can not hold your shield while you’re “recharging” your javelin. That is just plain stupid and makes the javelin archer really really weak.

What would be cool also is to lengthen the recovery time for hits on shields, so that preparing a javelin would be easier against heavy knights and vanguards (and this would also make those two classes less “spamlike”)

Tell me what you think, but I feel like buffing the shield up a bit is needed.

Thanks for reading.

• I think the javelin should be the javelineers main melee weapon, therefore recharge rate should be short, but the preparing to throw rate should be long (which would make sense because he has to change the way he holds the javelin).
    But yeah the clunkyness with the shield is definately a problem.

• The slow reload on javelins isn’t intended, expect a significant increase soon.

• @SlyGoat:

The slow reload on javelins isn’t intended, expect a significant increase soon.

Protip. Hit ‘2’ to switch to dagger immediately after throwing a javelin to have a shield to block with. Hit ‘1’ to switch back to javelin. Switching to dagger and then to javelin is faster than reloading a javelin also.

• @ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

The slow reload on javelins isn’t intended, expect a significant increase soon.

Protip. Hit ‘2’ to switch to dagger immediately after throwing a javelin to have a shield to block with. Hit ‘1’ to switch back to javelin. Switching to dagger and then to javelin is faster than reloading a javelin also.

I believe that will also be fixed, so don’t get used to it.

• I hope when you fix the switching weapon after throw you balance the jav users. It is the only viable way to survive against any melee class.

Jav is definately the weakest class in the game and my work rate with it (especially compared to a knight for example) is much higher. Don’t get me wrong it’s viable, but 1 mistake and you’re dead.

e.g. vs Knight it takes 2 jav’s thrown in chest + 2 stabs to kill a knight.
    or 2 jav’s to the face (how can a knight take a jav straight at the face and survive?) … although it’s kind of amusing fighting a knight who has a jav sticking out his head.

It’s rewarding to get top with the class, but boy you have to work hard compared to most classes.

• Just change weapons and back again to reload and be able to sprint etc. much faster

• I agree with the OP sentiments. I’ve been playing a lot of javelin, and currently the only way to make it a viable class is to switch back and forth to the secondary key. I made my middle mouse a “switch weapon” key for this purpose, not sure if that’s cheating, but it makes it much more playable / survivable instead of being instagibbed after throwing a javelin each time.

Javelin hits are hard enough with any kind of latency, let alone the complete inability to raise the shield after throwing, the slow movement speed and the lack of armor.

Also, Javelin man suffers from the same “full retard” glitch that MaA does, at the moment. Just throwing that out there.

• @Sir_Wraith:

Also, Javelin man suffers from the same “full retard” glitch that MaA does, at the moment. Just throwing that out there.

Not sure of what you mean by “full retard” glitch, care to explain ?

• I totally agree.

Also, the Javelin unlock-system is bugged. Kills by throwing a spear are not counted as “unlock” kills; whereas melee are. This is a bit annoying if you want to unlock the last javelin. It needs 75 melee kills, and when you’re playing archer it’s a bit contradictory.

• @Munry:

@Sir_Wraith:

Not sure of what you mean by “full retard” glitch, care to explain ?

When you get hit by a 2h weapon it breaks your back and your character spaz’s and turns the wrong direction.

You need to double tap block to fix it, but in the middle of a fight it’s a bit annoying :)

As said above also, jav’s require kills via stabbing with it for kills to count on unlock as throwing thinks it’s a shield kill….