Disable archers server option

• Hi guys.

Got the game yesterday and (obvious issues aside) am loving it so far!

The one thing that I’m really finding though can turn me from laughing regardless who is being slaughtered to cursing the screen though is archers. I understand they have their place, but in modes like TDM they often completely ruin the fun. The amount of times I’ve been in a great 1vs1 fight only to be taken out from a distance has become countless. In such a close combat situation they really ruin the dynamic.

I know not everyone would agree with me but I know there’d be a lot of people happy to play on a server where archers (and perhaps all throwing weapons) are disabled so people can get up close and personal without someone whose scared to get their hands dirty ruining the fun.

What does everyone else think?

• No reason not to have this. The more options the better, if you ask me.

• I support. This plus giving MAA more speed to counter archers can form the basis of taking archers from their UP state to balanced without too much whining.

• joined to poast the same thread! defo needed, was would an option that somehow locks two players in a combat, maybe pushes others away or somthing.

• @Latro_:

joined to poast the same thread! defo needed, was would an option that somehow locks two players in a combat, maybe pushes others away or somthing.

You mean duel mode, it is being implemented in a patch i think already.

• More options!

1.) Make archers shoot ale instead of arrows at the enemy so the enemies do more damage.
    2.) Make archers immobile.
    3.) Give archers only 10 hitpoints.
    4.) Give all other classes some warm milk and a bib they cry so much.

PERFECT!

• Aha very funny. Lots of people don’t like archers. I don’t mind them too much but I can understand why they do.

• Should be an option for guns and nades too ;)
    dont forget the tanks

• @Rodelero:

Should be an option for guns and nades too ;)
    dont forget the tanks

Alright now, this has all gotten a bit silly. I demand this stop AT ONCE.

• @ChemicalAgent:

@Rodelero:

dont forget the tanks

yes sir i agree
    Talking about an ability to Disable Archer’s from severs, is silly.

• Some people like archers, some people don’t. So simply put, you give the server admin choice, then people can play how they want. You think it’s silly to not have archers, then you find a server where they aren’t disabled… simple.

If you play for fun and something ruins that for you, why not have the choice?

• @Rodelero:

@ChemicalAgent:

@Rodelero:

dont forget the tanks

yes sir i agree
    Talking about an ability to Disable Archer’s from servers, is silly.

It’s not an ability, it’s a server option. You know, the people who bought themselves or made themselves a server that’s then their own to do with? Usually this is where the mods come in to help and the developers fold into later down the line even after people go, ‘They shouldn’t have to bother giving more options to a game they’ve released.’ It never hurts to have a good selection of options whether it’s removing the use of certain weapons, a class, maps, etc.
    Also;
    The official servers wouldn’t have this.
    Servers that specify 1v1 duels and 24/7 TDM with low-player counts will see the most out of this, and there’s quite a good portion of the community who likes these lower-player DM/TDM servers over the 24-48+ ones.
    (Unless that’s sarcasm from you and you already knew, in-which case I play the, ‘sarcasm on the interwebs card.’)

• @SirFab:

More options!

1.) Make archers shoot ale instead of arrows at the enemy so the enemies do more damage.
    2.) Make archers immobile.
    3.) Give archers only 10 hitpoints.
    4.) Give all other classes some warm milk and a bib they cry so much.

PERFECT!

Archers need to announce to their target that they will be firing in precisely 5 seconds. Should the arrow approach the target, time should slow down for the target with a prompt of “RIGHT CLICK FOR MATRIX DODGE,” and upon right clicking, Matrix dodge.
    Should the target ignore this, the arrow shouldn’t do any damage. Only the second one should hurt the target, and only for 5 points of damage (before armor reduction).

• I think in fact, that there should be more than one option, to disable any class you want, and more thatn one class at a time if you want to, so for example you can make a server with only MAA or only vanguards, or even only archers if you will.

• It’s not an ability, it’s a server option. You know, the people who bought themselves or made themselves a server that’s then their own to do with? Usually this is where the mods come in to help and the developers fold into later down the line even after people go, ‘They shouldn’t have to bother giving more options to a game they’ve released.’ It never hurts to have a good selection of options whether it’s removing the use of certain weapons, a class, maps, etc.
    Also;
    Servers that specify 1v1 duels and 24/7 TDM with low-player counts will see the most out of this, and there’s quite a good portion of the community who likes these lower-player DM/TDM servers over the 24-48+ ones.
    (Unless that’s sarcasm from you and you already knew, in-which case I play the, ‘sarcasm on the interwebs card.’)

i heard u didnt have to pay for severs…
    anyways “if” u payed for a server& its private, then yes i agree
    But as for public no

• I think also a critical mass option might be good. Like on some FPS game servers you might limit the sniper class to say 3 slots.

Archers add to the feel of this game but the issue comes when half the team uses them. In some situations it just ruins the experience.

Another thing i noticed and I was doing it then stopped because i felt like a douche was staying back and to the left of a friendly knight, waiting for him to hit someone then lodging an arrow into the enemy for the kill. You can always run away faster than the enemy whatever should he beat ye wing man.

Maybe that duel mode could shrink the hit area of the enemy if hes battling someone?

• @Preputencio:

I think in fact, that there should be more than one option, to disable any class you want, and more thatn one class at a time if you want to, so for example you can make a server with only MAA or only vanguards, or even only archers if you will.

I support
    +1
    This would be great.

• I’m surprised how little options there are for server admins. They should be able to control every aspect of the game.

• @Rodelero:

Also;

i heard u didnt have to pay for severs…
    anyways “if” u payed for a server& its private, then yes i agree
    But as for public no

From what I see it’s only hosted by a few providers (like 20 slots for $25.) I take it you can manage your own server as well so I would think any-server that isn’t an, ‘Official Chivalry Server’ the owner can do as he sees fit. I don’t see what’s wrong with public servers allowing or disallowing classes, weapons, maps, gamemodes as long as he/she properly notes it on the server (So if the developers are looking into this, try and get like a tag system to show if they’re different from plain, vanilla servers.)

• So much archer qq.

Whats wrong with having more options?