@ 1 Handed Weapons

• Anyone else think they need a nerf?

Either a larger window to cancel their wind up or less damage.

It’s garbage that these can 2 shot when some 2 handers cannot even when using overhead hits.

Once they cancel a 2 handed swing, good luck trying to even get passed winding up before you get cancelled again and die.

• @Carverk:

Anyone else think they need a nerf?

It’s garbage that these can 2 shot when some 2 handers cannot even when using overhead hits.

Once they cancel a 2 handed swing, good luck trying to even get passed winding up before you get cancelled again and die.

I thought so, until I got better. Not bragging, but I’m Vanguard with 2H and I smoke the living shit out of those guys, they think I’m slow, but I know how to lead my attacks. I’ve been topping the board in every game lately. Infact, that’s one of the reasons I’ve been playing less.

In a game just earlier today, the other Team got pissed as I charged their spawn; an Archer shot me, I was down to 20% HP, I whipped my greatsword out and did a spin and cut one guy down, ducked and slashed the next guys head-off, and then whipped out my Hatchet and did some butchers work on the last guy.

My style of play is lots of dodging, ducking, and using multiple weapons, not just relying on my Greatsword. My throwable hatchets are also wonderful to soften enemies up. I’ve gotten near perfect accuracy with them lately.

The only issue with this is; I keep getting switched to the other Team. I nearly win the match for my Team, then get switched to the losing Team. It’s pretty annoying, me and the guy below me were switched to the enemies Team and we almost won, but because we had been winning for over 6 minutes on the other Team, there wasn’t enough time left to push that cart.

Really frustrating stuff.

The only thing that needs looking into is the 1H Hammer, and how Spears need no charge up.

• Hammers need a nerf for sure. The ability to 2 shot anything with a 1 hander is bullshit. Unless both blows land the head.

My issue as a 2 handed weapon user is that anytime my first attack is cancelled, the enemy is just spamming M1 and even if I block a few and gain a little distance, by the time I wind up they just warp forward 5 feet while swinging away cancelling my attack and usually killing me. Just doesn’t seem right, even if I kick them, I can’t wind up in time again because they can still attack faster than my kick stunned them and I had time to wind up.

• Vanaguards have the advantage of range with their 2 handers and are imo OP. But yes knights 2 handers are a little underwhelming, they need more power.

• Only thing overpowered about 1 handed weapons in general is the ability to use a shield. There are some specific niche cases that aren’t overpowered because they’re 1handed, just because they’re statistically superior.

• @SlyGoat:

Only thing overpowered about 1 handed weapons in general is the ability to use a shield. There are some specific niche cases that aren’t overpowered because they’re 1handed, just because they’re statistically superior.

I think it’s silly that you can just swing away with these and take out loads of guys. I can see having them be fast and being able to cancel their swing at anytime during their swing if they’re hit while 2 handers have to be cancelled only on their wind up.

I’m not trying to say 2 handers should win hands down everytime against a 1 hander but at least for me against any aggressive 1 handed user, I’ll always get killed cause they can just swing away over and over while still moving at running speed.

• The attack canceling doesnt work too much in this game which is why even when a one hander is in your face you can sometimes hit them with a two hander.

• The only thing I hate about one hander is that they are way too hard to parry with a two hand weapon. I never understand how my parry fail most of the time against them. :x

• @kamoa:

The only thing I hate about one hander is that they are way too hard to parry with a two hand weapon. I never understand how my parry fail most of the time against them. :x

Any weapon up close will go around your parry and hit your side if you don’t turn to face the attack - hence “watch the tip of your opponent’s weapon” (a little inaccurate, just watch whichever part will hit you first)

• The problem with 1-handed weapons is that you can try hit them 2-handers, then they will block you, but you can hit them right after… but they already have a hit wound up, which may take half your health.

• @acrh2:

The problem with 1-handed weapons is that you can try hit them 2-handers, then they will block you, but you can hit them right after… but they already have a hit wound up, which may take half your health.

That is why you need to use the longer range of 2-handed weapons to your advantage. You can’t use a huge weapon super close and expect it to be just as effective.

And really, the MAA and archer are both a one hit kill with a 2 hand overhead attack, but some people want the 1-handed weapons to be less damaging or slower?

really?

• @Mkilbride:

@Carverk:

Anyone else think they need a nerf?

I thought so, until I got better. Not bragging, but I’m Vanguard with 2H and I smoke the living shit out of those guys, they think I’m slow, but I know how to lead my attacks. I’ve been topping the board in every game lately. Infact, that’s one of the reasons I’ve been playing less.

In a game just earlier today, the other Team got pissed as I charged their spawn; an Archer shot me, I was down to 20% HP, I whipped my greatsword out and did a spin and cut one guy down, ducked and slashed the next guys head-off, and then whipped out my Hatchet and did some butchers work on the last guy.

My style of play is lots of dodging, ducking, and using multiple weapons, not just relying on my Greatsword. My throwable hatchets are also wonderful to soften enemies up. I’ve gotten near perfect accuracy with them lately.

The only issue with this is; I keep getting switched to the other Team. I nearly win the match for my Team, then get switched to the losing Team. It’s pretty annoying, me and the guy below me were switched to the enemies Team and we almost won, but because we had been winning for over 6 minutes on the other Team, there wasn’t enough time left to push that cart.

Really frustrating stuff.

The only thing that needs looking into is the 1H Hammer, and how Spears need no charge up.

I know what you mean, as I play the same way and can duel just about anyone while also taking on multiple average players in standard games.

The issue is at the high end skill level, when you get a MaA who knows how to lead a target, how to move properly, use dodge offensively as well as defensively, and the kicker… feint. There’s nothing I can do against a good MAA with a norse sword who stab feints often. Not a damn thing. The animation is barely altered, but the primary point is no one has the reflexes to analyse if it’s a proper stab or not (from the distance a good maa will initiate the stab) in time to then parry or not. As soon as you see it coming, you have to parry. But if it’s a feint, you get hit.

At that point, it’s a roll of the dice. Yes, I can try to move out of the way, and in fact this is the only way I can beat great man at arms players.

There is something imbalanced inherently in how much damage some 1 handers do, considering their speed makes feinting far more effective than with slower two handed weapons. Because their reach is limited, I don’t think they are overpowered when used by classes other than MAA, but with the charge allowing extremely fast and unpredictable offensive movement; it just doesn’t seem fair.

Another issue I’ve noticed is that the flinching mechanic does not seem to apply correctly sometimes. It may be lag, but I’ve hit people a few times and saw them immediately (less than a second) initiate an attack again (before I’ve had time to recover from my attack that hit them). And please don’t tell me about the second tier of an attack, I know hitting someone then doesn’t matter. I am saying they have no attack animation at all when hit, but then initiate one as if they were not stunned at all.

• Currently flinching only applies during windup - if you hit someone who’s just standing there, they can initiate an attack just fine right after your attack hits.

This is, by the way, an easy method of beating any Man-at-Arms as a Knight (and Vanguards as well). You can kill them in 1-2 hits and they need 3 to kill you. You can eat the first attack and fire back a sure hit immediately afterwards while the MaA is going into recovery and unable to block. I feel very strongly that this should be changed. The only thing you can do against it is to dodge back/to the side and hope you got out of range.

• @SlyGoat:

Currently flinching only applies during windup - if you hit someone who’s just standing there, they can initiate an attack just fine right after your attack hits.

This is, by the way, an easy method of beating any Man-at-Arms as a Knight (and Vanguards as well). You can kill them in 1-2 hits and they need 3 to kill you. You can eat the first attack and fire back a sure hit immediately afterwards while the MaA is going into recovery and unable to block. I feel very strongly that this should be changed. The only thing you can do against it is to dodge back/to the side and hope you got out of range.

If they combo arn’t they just going to hit you again during your windup. I also cant see how this is going to be changed without making whoever hits first win every time.

• @BGrey:

@SlyGoat:

Currently flinching only applies during windup - if you hit someone who’s just standing there, they can initiate an attack just fine right after your attack hits.

If they combo arn’t they just going to hit you again during your windup. I also cant see how this is going to be changed without making whoever hits first win every time.

Combo windups are extremely long, up to twice the length of a normal windup for some weapons - so they’re unlikely to hit you again before you can hit them and flinch them out of their combo.

• if anything 2handed weapons seem faster then the broadsword.

• @SlyGoat:

Is this intentional? It doesn’t seem balanced that I can hit a player after parrying his attack, only for him to attack me back before I can recover from my own successful attack in order to parry again.

• That’s why I am saying a 1 hander has no downside besides reach. Why can they 2 shot people? They can immediately retaliate from a parry and a flinch making it basically useless against them unless you do it twice. I’d say kick but that only works half the time, most of the time it just does damage but doesn’t move them.

• @UnknownXV:

Is this intentional? It doesn’t seem balanced that I can hit a player after parrying his attack, only for him to attack me back before I can recover from my own successful attack in order to parry again.

Well. There are animation speed differences. But assuming same weapons and that windup and the rest of the animation take equal time, which is probably not exactly true, he would need to do half is animation before you start yours in order to interrupt your attack. Therefoe if he did it even a bit later, he wouldnt interrupt your attack, but would hit just a little later as you did and this can vary as far as you having enough time to block the attack after you are done with your attack.

After a one hander retaliates from a parry and you both start attacks you will both hit. Or if one of you blocks it will be blocked. Nothing unbalanced here either.

• People always seem to forget about the range of weapons :(

But anyway, what you are seeing is"FINE". psuedo numbers as an example.

1h does 2x55hp = 110hp
    2h does 2x90hp = 180hp

Where a player has 100hp.

say against a vanguard.

Against say a MAA or Archer class, the 2h will one shot, 1h won’t.

I don’t see the problem….