UDK.exe error, game won't launch (HELP)

• Everytime I try to play this game, in windowed mode, I get the splashscreen, then the window opens saying CHILVARY: Medieval Warfare (windows 32bit, DX9) on the title bar, but the window is transparent and nothing else happens and once closed I get UDK:exe has stopped responding:

Specs:
    Windows XP home edition
    SP3
    CPU: AMD Sempron
    GPU: MSI R6770

I’ve tried the validation method, everything is fine 100%
    ballowsystemsettings (or whatever) method is already set to false

I feel like I’m playing a beta here for a $25 game.
    A little help please?

• I have the same problem and the designers haven’t responded to my posts, I’m guessing they don’t know what is wrong so where just gonna have to wait I suppose :/

• If you find a solution plz post it here :p

• I have the same problem as stated above and they have left me
    In the dark not responding to my problems concerning the game.
    The whole situation sucks and I don’t know what to expect in the future.
    After such a long time since I bought the game the first day it came out I lost
    the eagerness to play the game.

Thor

• Same problem. What happens when you guys try to run the UDK.exe directly? I get an error saying unable to load jit compiler (clrjit.dll) file is missing or corrupt.

• I go strait to some Internet explorer page not sure of there related problems

• @Cabron007:

Same problem. What happens when you guys try to run the UDK.exe directly? I get an error saying unable to load jit compiler (clrjit.dll) file is missing or corrupt.

When I run it, the same problem I posted above happens. :|

• Yeah I’m guessing where just gonna have top wait until they fix the glitch, in the end it’s beta we have plenty of time

• Developer

@datdoosh:

I have the same problem and the designers haven’t responded to my posts, I’m guessing they don’t know what is wrong so where just gonna have to wait I suppose :/

It’s more an issue of this being a weekend and us being a very small team without any dedicated tech support. It’s practically just myself and the lead programmer (we also have to program, you know :P) fielding most of these, with some support from others devs and the moderators.

Just to be clear, you’re getting an error with “clrjit.dll” too? I’ll look into why exactly the game using using that DLL tomorrow, but in any case:

A fix for that DLL being corrupted or missing should simply be installing the .NET 4 framework, and, if it’s already installed, running the repair tool.

If anyone else gets different error messages when opening UDK.exe, please create a new thread rather than adding to this one. And check the “Known Issues and their Fixes” thread if it’s a DirectX DLL instead, as we know about that issue and its fix.

• Pretty sure, he has a single core processor!

The Game only runs on Dual Core and Above,DEV said " right now"!

Is there anything to try,
    (In Configs)
    we can turn off ,
    since single cores ran Unreal 3 ran back in the day on old machine?

• Developer

There’s a bunch of different issues flying through this thread, it’s hard to keep track of them.

Yes, if the OP is using a single-core CPU (I think the Semprom likely is?), it will not work. No, current UE3 is no longer exactly the same as the UE3 that UT3 shipped on, and I’m not aware of any config options that will make single core CPUs work. We may be able to get them working in the future, however note that our minimum requirements specify a dual-core CPU and this is part of why.

• Hey, i am not entirely sure exactly what all of these comp specs are but my comp has passed in every single area on “can you run it” so here whats wrong.
    I start Chivalry and it takes me to the minimized screen but on top it says (not responding)
    If you know whats wrong please message me back.

And P.S. are you guys ever thinking about adding this game on mac? that would be awesome.

• Developer

Windows key + R, type in DXDiag, press OK. Click Save All Information. Save the file, post it here.

• Its taking freaking forever to save the info so ill just type (sorry if theres mess ups)
    Computer name: HP-CNU1405p1N
    Operating System: Windows 7 professional 64-bit (6. 1, builed 7601)
    System manufacture: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Probook 4530s
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) 2.GHz
    memory 4096MB RAM
    Page file:2347MB, 5711MB availible
    DirectX Version: Direct 11