Gold Weapons?!

• Apologies if this has already come up.
    But I would love to run around the battlefield with a golden axe. Obviously you would need to earn such a veteran status by decapitating say 500 heads or like 1000 normal kills with that weapon. It would really reward players for dedication to their preferred weapon/playstyle.
    Yay or nay?

• YEY I SAYETH! LET THE MASTER BE GIVEN A GRAND WEAPON!

But seriously, something a bit shinier would probably mark someone’s talent, it’d give people more of a sense of achievement obtaining Gold weapons (Or even just Ornate designs!).

• Technically a good idea (as far as cosmetic improvements go).

• Not especially gold weapons, but more refined (kinda like those weapons would be more art pieces than actual weapons) skins for achievements could be a great way to keep interest for the completionists. The weapons would still be easily recognizable.

I’d welcome pomels, blade engraving (think about japanese swords, there’s a wide array of looks from the basic one to the masterpiece with every feature designed to show its quality, yet they all maintain an easily recognizable shape), maybe even pieces of cloth on vanguard wepons (clan emblems anyone?).

That’d be more horizontal development for players, always good to have but not at the detriment of bug fixes or new maps/features. Maybe if Torn Banner finds some new art guy to make it happen?

• I’d settle for a lightsaber ^.^

• If you would take realism in consideration then gold weapons would suck :P.
    But i support cosmetic improvements to weapons. What about a Holy water sprinkler with a lit tarball inside it for example?

• @Tessaya:

Not especially gold weapons, but more refined (kinda like those weapons would be more art pieces than actual weapons) skins for achievements could be a great way to keep interest for the completionists. The weapons would still be easily recognizable.

I’d welcome pomels, blade engraving (think about japanese swords, there’s a wide array of looks from the basic one to the masterpiece with every feature designed to show its quality, yet they all maintain an easily recognizable shape), maybe even pieces of cloth on vanguard wepons (clan emblems anyone?).

That’d be more horizontal development for players, always good to have but not at the detriment of bug fixes or new maps/features. Maybe if Torn Banner finds some new art guy to make it happen?

Great idea. This would be a very good way ti implement it.

• Gold is a soft and malleable, and would as such make a poor material for a weapon. It is also very dense, so any weapon would be far to heavy to wield efficiently.

• Valyrian Steel? Or something of sort, minus the copyright infringement.
    No stat augments, just a blood red hue to the blade.

• Agathian Steel - Just like steel, but bluer, and more Agathian.

• Whatever the chivalry equivalent of Damascus steel is would be a good fit.

With the team you’re on dictating the hue reflected off the blade as the environmental lights hit it. So blue or red.

• I do think steel was sometimes decorated by plating them with soft metals, i think it could be done with gold.

• Why would anyone want to have weapons out of gold?

Customizable weapons would be nice though.

• To show others you’re a baadass. Either way the idea of a blue/ red hues sound good.
    Maybe also being able to emgrave something onto the weapon.

• @Martin:

Agathian Steel - Just like steel, but bluer, and more Agathian.

Mason Steel -Tempered with the blood Agathian Royalty.

• @Tango_911:

To show others you’re a baadass.

What’s so badass about weapons made of soft material?

• I’d love a jewel-encrusted gold-plated hilt for my favourite sword.

• @Cole:

I’d settle for a lightsaber

This.

• I don’t think I would want to have anything that identified me as a target. I like to let them see my username at the bottom of the screen before they know they’re screwed.

• @Cole:

I’d settle for a lightsaber ^.^

You’ve obviously not tried the brandistock :D
    Waive that thing around during an ‘overhead’ stab and everything just kind of ……dies.
    Feels precisely like a lightsaber.