Gold Weapons?!

• @Cole:

I’d settle for a lightsaber

This.

• I don’t think I would want to have anything that identified me as a target. I like to let them see my username at the bottom of the screen before they know they’re screwed.

• @Cole:

I’d settle for a lightsaber ^.^

You’ve obviously not tried the brandistock :D
    Waive that thing around during an ‘overhead’ stab and everything just kind of ……dies.
    Feels precisely like a lightsaber.

• @Sir_Wraith:

I don’t think I would want to have anything that identified me as a target. I like to let them see my username at the bottom of the screen before they know they’re screwed.

But not everyone knows your name, so the fear factor is kind of lost. Just ornately designed weapons would be an easier indicator.

• Not Gold but finesteel.

A ranking list probably… the “best” If you get a higher rank you can modify your weapons… you could get modify points by getting experience. But to keep it balanced, your modify should always have 2 sides.

For example, Gold weapon -> A golden Zweihaender. -> You cant really use it anymore, you will die all the time, Why? Cause its f**** heavy!!!

Silver Zweihaender in return would be just a bit slower but more dmg, while finesteel would be faster but less damage. Reach would still be the same cause its the same sword (same lenght).

Would be my idea… and to make everything perfect you could get “optical” tunes for your sword´s or armor too. But to make sure that 90% of the players in battle look “normal” (customiced but normal!) the very noble things should cost a lot of points. But still you should be able to get it as 0815 player (in time). Also you should gain the points for a certain class and a certain weapon. So when you open your Profile page you see how much points you have to spent as archer/Knight/Vanguard/men at arms. So basically people who are only playing knight for a year can probably have a awesome looking finesteel armor or sth. I dont know.
    But thats all luxus.

• @Martin:

Agathian Steel - Just like steel, but bluer, and more Agathian.

Something like this would actually be cool looking, in my opinion Gold Weapons are just dumb and remind me too much of Call of Duty.

But Red/Blue Steel cosmetic versions of weapons, that sounds pretty awesome.

• The day I see a “golden axe” or crap like this in Chivalry, will be my last day I play this game.

If anyone wants golden BS weapons, go play Call of Duty. :-|

• There are golden guns in cod? Weird… and people want this?

• I want steak and mushrooms and peppers on spears for aesthetic appeal, so then I can yell things about skewering and barbeque.

• Gold weapons would be rather in-practicle as gold is a soft metal :P

• 500 decapitations should unlock the Katana, the finest sword ever crafted and the bestest estest weapon ever wielded.

• @Wingy:

500 decapitations should unlock the Katana, the finest sword ever crafted and the bestest estest weapon ever wielded.

Im just glad that´s irony… :?

• Traditionally gold is indeed used in weapons and armor commissioned by rich folks, however they’re not MADE from gold chunks, instead you have gold and silver GILDED onto the steel/bronze base material used in the actual gear.