Onslaught Tournament #01 - 2v2 Duels (signup now open)

• TOURNAMENT CANCLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST. I WILL PUT UP ANOTHER MORE ACCESSIBLE TOURNAMENT FOR NEXT WEEK SOON.

Onslaught Tournament #01 - 2v2 Duels

Overview

Welcome to the first in a series of many Onslaught tournaments. This first tournament will be 2v2 duels. Sign up is open. Fill out the form below in response to the thread. If you meet the requirements you will be added to the list of teams.

The tournament will be single elimination style. There will be 16 or 32 teams dueling on 4 or 8 servers depending on interest. To prevent teammates from resurrecting and rejoining the duel before it is finished, the servers will run in the last team standing game mode. The map used will be throneroom. The team that wins the match will be advanced to the next round. This will be well organised. There will be scheduled duels active on each server with an admin present to record and possibly stream each duel, so that everyone can watch. Each server will be private with the password provided only to the two teams competing that period. The status of the tournament will be visible for everyone to see here:

http://bit.ly/VVfxSz

As you can see, the tournament will be divided in to four rounds and can be adapted to 16 or 32 teams. The first round will be divided into two periods because there will be 8 or 16 competitions with only 4 or 8 servers.

Requirements

-Minimum rank of 15

-A ping of at least 150 ms. Search “Onslaught” in the server browser to test your ping on our servers.

More requirements may be added later.

Rules

We will let the game be played as Torn Banner has intended. There will be no gameplay regulating rules or restrictions. This means third person will be enabled and all play styles allowed. There is only two rule:

1. Show up at the scheduled date and compete!
    2. Have a ping of 150 ms or less.

Violating either of these rules will result in an immediate disqualification from the tournament.

Server

The tournament servers as well as 1 duel server are up now. The tournament servers are public but will be private during tournament days. Search “Onslaught” in the server browser to find all servers. Below are the server specs:

Processor: E3-1230V2
    Ram: 32GB DDR3 RAM
    Storage: 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD’s in RAID 0 + 500GB HDD
    Connection: 100mbps
    Bandwidth: 5TB Bandwidth
    Operating System: Windows Server 2008 Web

Teams

#01 - Defenders of the Farm (SlyGoat, Xeekik)

Schedule

All times will be in Central Time Zone. Matches will take place on Saturday, November 3rd at the following times:

Period 1 - Round 1 2:00 PM

Matches will be listed here

Period 2 - Round 1 2:20 PM

Period 3 - Round 2 2:40 PM

Period 4 - Round 3 3:00 PM

Period 5 - Final Round 3:20 PM

Match will be listed here

Signup

Fill out the form below in response to the thread.

[b]Team name:[/b]
    [b]Player names:[/b]
    [b]Steam names:[/b]
    [b]Ranks:[/b]
    [b]List the tournament rules:[/b]
    [b]Do you understand that breaking either of these rules will immediately disqualify you from the tournament?:[/b]

Staff

I am looking for administrators to help host this tournament. You can apply in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4764&p=35979#p35979

Administrator - Smellyhobo1O1
    Administrator - Unfilled
    Administrator - Unfilled
    Administrator - Unfilled

• What map?

Also, 2v2 isn’t technically duels :P

• I’m not completely sure yet. I’m thinking moor since its simplistic. Maybe throneroom as well. I’m staying away from arena because of the FPS issues it causes.

• What game types will be played? How many rounds? Is changing class inbetween rounds allowed?

You need to add a few basic rules

But i like no restrictions for team games

• As stated in the OP, LTS will be played and there is only 1 rule.

As far as rounds I’m not sure yet. I have to see if i can modify the amount of rounds in an LTS game in the config. Otherwise it will just be basic LTS.

• I’d go with throne room myself. Moor would likely devolve into Protect the Archer in a 2v2.

• @SlyGoat:

I’d go with throne room myself. Moor would likely devolve into Protect the Archer in a 2v2.

Throne room it is. Also, signup is now open!

• Team name: Defenders of the Farm
    Player names: SlyGoat, Xeekik
    Ranks: 26/27
    **List the tournament rules:**1. Show up at the scheduled date and compete!
    Do you understand that breaking either of these rules will immediately disqualify you from the tournament?: Yes.

• Id love to play, but I dont have a partner. I think im pretty decent, I generally average between 2 and 3 to 1 KDA in public games.

• This tournament is only for NA player ? my team can offer some server for EU players, and when starts that and end ?
    Regards.

• @Richi:

This tournament is only for NA player ? my team can offer some server for EU players, and when starts that and end ?
    Regards.

Unfortunately i dont have access to any EU servers. I would need full access of an EU server to run the tournament properly since i would have to be able to change passwords and start/restart the servers frequently.

• I think Jest and I are going to be a team, but i need to double check with him

• @Smellyhobo101:

@Richi:

This tournament is only for NA player ? my team can offer some server for EU players, and when starts that and end ?
    Regards.

Unfortunately i dont have access to any EU servers. I would need full access of an EU server to run the tournament properly since i would have to be able to change passwords and start/restart the servers frequently.

OK but, you accept EU teams on tournament? and team what have own server (EU) play on your server…

• @Richi:

OK but, you accept EU teams on tournament? and team what have own server (EU) play on your server…

Not sure what you’re saying in the second part but yeah ill accept anyone from EU as long as you are under 150 ping.

• Im saying, what team what have OWN server on EU, can play on it ? you can try do 2 brackets EU and NA

• So… I guess nobody is interested in finding a teammate for this.

• Yeah, it might have been a bad idea for the first tournament to be a team competition. I’ve got lots of ideas for some fun 1v1 tournaments if this one doesnt work out.

• Team name: Dumb & Dumber
    Player names: Dubjay, Turtwiggy
    Ranks: 23/38
    List the tournament rules:1. Show up at the scheduled date and compete!
    Do you understand that breaking either of these rules will immediately disqualify you from the tournament?: Yes.

• Sorry but this tournament is canceled. Not enough interest. I will have another more accessible tournament for next week.

• Well no wonder, this was kind of a rush tbh, perhaps you should give the contestants like 2-3 weeks to sign up instead of like a couple of days :)
    Buut, i will stay tuned for the next tournament and i really hope it is 2v2 or 4v4!