Terrain and Weapon Force

• After running into these two nuisances, I figured I’d post a thread to see if anyone else has a problem with it. It could just be me and my badness, but both have bothered me in several occasions now.

Terrain: Has anyone else found themselves desperately trying to get away, or get that last hit only to be stopped by a blade of grass, or stair step? This seems to be most common on the village map when entering a house. I can understand not being able to run up rocky surfaces, or heavily wooded areas, but tiny bits of terrain forcing you into a complete stop can be a death sentence. There also seems to be a few objects in the game where the wall value is ten times the size of the objects. Banners, stumps, and carts are examples of these. They too can bring you to a complete stop when you aren’t even that close to them.

Weapon Force: If you play as I do, which is trying to be sneaky, you may have encountered this problem as well. When I know the enemy team has a lot of archers, I like to try and sneak behind them to thin their numbers. From time to time I’ve propelled my opponent so far forward that I can’t catch up to them when they take off running. I guess thrusting could cause this to happen, but I use more of a overhead swing for the power. I’ve knocked people off cliffs, through buildings, and out of streams after sneaking up behind them. If they take off running, I can’t simply give chase because I’m already behind their team. Doing so would be a poor choice.

On the topic of weapons, there also seems to be a final back swing effect that has been causing me some confusion. If I see a Vanguard coming straight for me with his leaping strike, I usually just step out of the way. Numerous times now I’ve been struck by some strange force after the Vanguard is recovering. At first I thought it was just someone next to me, or my own team mate. It’s actually somehow the back swing of the Vanguard. I know there is a bit of time after a swing that you could possibly be hit, but when the entire animation has been completed, you should be able to move in for a quick hit without penalty.

Any who, I just wanted to see if anyone else found these to be an annoyance. They are far from major bugs or make me rage, but it does tend to get a bit bothersome in the heat of a battle or knowing you’re about to win/lose.

• @Simply:

After running into these two nuisances, I figured I’d post a thread to see if anyone else has a problem with it. It could just be me and my badness, but both have bothered me in several occasions now.

Terrain: Has anyone else found themselves desperately trying to get away, or get that last hit only to be stopped by a blade of grass, or stair step? This seems to be most common on the village map when entering a house. I can understand not being able to run up rocky surfaces, or heavily wooded areas, but tiny bits of terrain forcing you into a complete stop can be a death sentence. There also seems to be a few objects in the game where the wall value is ten times the size of the objects. Banners, stumps, and carts are examples of these. They too can bring you to a complete stop when you aren’t even that close to them.

Weapon Force: If you play as I do, which is trying to be sneaky, you may have encountered this problem as well. When I know the enemy team has a lot of archers, I like to try and sneak behind them to thin their numbers. From time to time I’ve propelled my opponent so far forward that I can’t catch up to them when they take off running. I guess thrusting could cause this to happen, but I use more of a overhead swing for the power. I’ve knocked people off cliffs, through buildings, and out of streams after sneaking up behind them. If they take off running, I can’t simply give chase because I’m already behind their team. Doing so would be a poor choice.

On the topic of weapons, there also seems to be a final back swing effect that has been causing me some confusion. If I see a Vanguard coming straight for me with his leaping strike, I usually just step out of the way. Numerous times now I’ve been struck by some strange force after the Vanguard is recovering. At first I thought it was just someone next to me, or my own team mate. It’s actually somehow the back swing of the Vanguard. I know there is a bit of time after a swing that you could possibly be hit, but when the entire animation has been completed, you should be able to move in for a quick hit without penalty.

Any who, I just wanted to see if anyone else found these to be an annoyance. They are far from major bugs or make me rage, but it does tend to get a bit bothersome in the heat of a battle or knowing you’re about to win/lose.

Map awareness is the key to success. Learn. Adapt. Getskilled.