Frame Data - For Balance Issues

• Hey guys, I was wondering if there was any information on frame data for this game, things like Block Stun, Hit Stun, Frame Advantages on Hit or Block etc

If we had access to the frame data we could help with balancing, cause one thing I notice, is when I use a claymore to hit someone wielding a halberd, they still have time to stab me between my first and second attack, I would think they should only be able to block, duck or jump the second attack, not cancel my combo by spamming their stab attack, really annoying especially when you work so hard to get through their guard with fakes, I can handle having my combo stopped with a block, but sometimes getting killed by spam attacks is frustrating, not to mention getting hit by a weapon that should be a bit slower…

• So I just saw some frame data info on another thread… can anyone care to share the rest of the information, this is what I found.

@SlyGoat:

Successful parries recoil enemies for .8 seconds. During this entire period they cannot attack, but after about .3 seconds they can parry. The slowest windup in the game is .7 seconds. So against an enemy that doesn’t parry after being parried, any weapon will be able to successfully counterattack.

• Stabbing is usually the fastest but also the least damaging attack. Instead of chaining two swings together, you may want to try chaining a swing and a stab together.

• @GhoXen:

Stabbing is usually the fastest but also the least damaging attack. Instead of chaining two swings together, you may want to try chaining a swing and a stab together.

Thanks for suggestion, I’ve almost tried everything, halberd stab still comes out before my second attack.

Without exact frame data, it would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack

27 Primary Weapons to try, 81 different attacks (If each weapon has different attack speeds), 27+ possible combinations multiplied by weapons = 729+ different attacks and scenarios to try, most of which will just come back as failures anyway lol, and this doesn’t include all the secondary weapons.

• cause one thing I notice, is when I use a claymore to hit someone wielding a halberd, they still have time to stab me between my first and second attack

I’ll try and explain why this happens.

There are several possible cases in the above example, as you didn’t specify whether you flinched the halberd user on your first attack, or hit them while they were playing no animation. In addition to that, you didn’t specify what you were comboing into. I’ll go ahead and give an example with overhead though -

If you flinched the halberd user, these are the stages involved:

Claymore flinches Halberd and begins a combo windup of 0.675 seconds. Simultaneously, the Halberd user has been flinched for 0.2 seconds (if you hit them during idle, there is no 0.2s gap here, they can start their attack instantly, as well as that, the Claymore has to complete the remainder of the release animation, which could be anywhere up to an additional 0.2s, detracting from the Claymore’s windup advantage).
    If the Halberd user begins his attack at the earliest possible time (and this is also assuming the Claymore hit directly at the end of their release) then that means there is 0.475 seconds left of the Claymore user’s combo windup at the point the Halberd user starts his stab (it’s relatively unlikely this happens, but the point is, this can happen).
    A Halberd stab windup from idle is 0.6 seconds.
    If you subtract 0.475 from 0.6, that means the the Claymore now has a 0.125s windup advantage over the Halberd (slightly less because of the remainder of the first release, as mentioned earlier, and slightly more due to the Halberd not beginning his stab immediately, but these times probably cancel each other out), but because you did an overhead, which tends to hit later in the release compared to a Halberd stab, the Halberd is more likely to hit first, especially on closer distances.

Some weapons are good for combos, others are not. Some people will try and block your combo, some will attempt to flinch you or attack before it lands. This is all within the games intent. What you’re suggesting would make combos on every weapon a must as there would be almost no reason to not combo. Having said that, stabs do have an inherent advantage in that they hit much earlier in the release times at closer distances. If the Halberd user did an overhead instead of a stab, I’m pretty damn certain your second attack would have landed before his attack.

• Would just like to add in addition to what Blaine said, the Halberd is an extremely long range weapon, and has strong knockback on its stab - if you land the first hit, you should be moving backwards during the combo so you can hit them again outside of their range, considering any weapon fast enough to interrupt your combo is very short range. Conversely, for a shorter range weapon, you should be moving forwards to stay as close as possible so you can do the same to him. Also, remember to aim down when you’re doing an overhead with the Claymore or any other weapon with a powerful overhead to hit the enemy as soon as possible at the start of your release.

• Awesome! Thanks guys

• @Salesgun4Hire:

Awesome! Thanks guys

Thanks again! Looking at this data makes me feel strangely happy… lol Awesome