Banned from a server?

• After drawing two rounds in an effort to help my team win, when I was the last alive, I was banned from a 64 person LTS server. And on the round they banned me, I was actually playing, and there were 10 other of my teammates alive… I feel I was banned for trying to help my team succeed? I feel as if this is pretty bullshit.

Update: Rejoined and voiced my opinion saying that it is bullshit that I was kicked for using a legitimate strategy, and what do you know… 30 seconds later I was votekicked with chat messages saying “Fuck you” “Votekick Tree”… Am I the only one who thinks this is fucking BS?

• You aren’t banned; in fact you could re-join within five minutes (which seems a flaw to me, generally speaking).

Unfortunately that entire session was filled with exploiters and incredibly immature people across the board; it was kind of depressing to be playing at the time, to be totally honest, and not what I want from the community on a broader scale. I forget the full title, but someone with ‘GravyPrince’ in his user name was doing nothing but dragging games out by finding exploit-y hiding places (I just left a map a few minutes ago in which he was doing the same thing again, with an “I’ll be back” as the votekick was about to pass). The sooner we get week-long (or so) votebans the better, really.

• What you did is not a valid tactic.

I’ve done it once; it’s very easy to do. It makes a game longer, and it’s boring.

Hiding while waiting for the round to end is not a valid tactic in any game.

• I actually had to initiate a map change just so people would stop map exploiting, although as I wrote above it made little difference in the end and I’ve abandoned the entire server for the evening.

It was probably best to go, anyway; there’s a storm a-brewing! 8-)

• @Eek!:

You aren’t banned; in fact you could re-join within five minutes (which seems a flaw to me, generally speaking).

Unfortunately that entire session was filled with exploiters and incredibly immature people across the board; it was kind of depressing to be playing at the time, to be totally honest, and not what I want from the community on a broader scale. I forget the full title, but someone with ‘GravyPrince’ in his user name was doing nothing but dragging games out by finding exploit-y hiding places (I just left a map a few minutes ago in which he was doing the same thing again, with an “I’ll be back” as the votekick was about to pass). The sooner we get week-long (or so) votebans the better, really.

No chance of a weeklong votekick, only option would be a 30 min Voteban, rest would be Admins / Server Owners only :P

as for the hiding spots, list the spots in a suggestion with pictures and maybe they could be changed by one of the level designers, that or during LTS made inaccessible.

Also, a good suggestion would be for the timer to be reduced on LTS maps, they get dragged out way too long and after a certain time passes should kill everyone, would encourage more plays rather than hiding :p