Extra Weapons

• Chiv definitely needs more weapons. The weapons we have now are too predictable, and it is really easy for everyone to parry everything now.

#1: Shotel/Sickle/Scythe
    Curved weapons that do lower damage especially to armor, but are hard to parry because of their shape. You have to parry much earlier. Can be 1h or 2h

#2 Trident or pitchfork
    Slower and heavier than a spear, but has more room for error with a bigger attack hitbox.

#3: Flail
    1h or 2h variants with huge damage and short and late parry window, but with a big penalty for being successfully parried.

#4: Quarterstaff
    Low stamina use and relentless, this weapon combos easily into all of its different moves.

#5: Bec de Corbin/Warhammer
    Longrange bludgeon or piercing weapon. The Warhammer is the 1h variant.

#6: Stilleto
    Weak dagger with a longrange thrusting attack

#7: Repeating crossbow

#8: Flaming Arrows

#9: Caltrops
    Drop them on the ground to slow down a pursuer

Post more weapons as you see fit. There is definitely a lack of special weapons in the game.

• Very nice ideas, I like the first 6. Although you should know there’s already a pitchfork :P

I think I read somewhere that the flail would be implemented later on. If it will, I would also suggest to implement the longer, farmer’s version:

And possibly with nails in the shorter end, meaning it is adjusted for combat.

• I think that brings up an interesting problem with Medieval combat that this game just kinda ignores. Richer fighters get better weapons. The imbalance of using a farming tool turned weapon is kind of a cool thing. Why shouldn’t we have a bunch of slightly different flails? Part of medieval warfare was not knowing what the other person was using as a weapon. It was scary and imbalanced.

And on a barely tangential note: has anyone else thought about how this game needs to ditch the class system for a more flexible loadout system?

Give every pierce attack 2x damage from behind
    Give everyone dashes with distance and stamina costs related to armor type
    Give everyone running attacks
    And give heavy armor stamina bonuses to blocking

Let players select their own loadout of armor and weapons. The more armor and weapons you have the slower you move. An archer with just a bow could possibly backpedal better than an archer with a sword, but the sword archer could use medium armor for more of a Robin Hood thing.

I almost want a Counterstrike style system to the game where you get more money/options for doing well and not dying as opposed to a lot of the zerging that goes on right now. It would make people even less predictable until you’re really in there clanging steel around.

• Got a suggestion or two to add to the list!

Katar - Long blade with a hand grip, longer than a dagger but shorter than a short sword, meant mainly for thrusting.

War Pick - Much like the 1-H Warhammer, this weapon has more piercing capabilities. Possible to bypass shields and cause some light damage and do more damage to the Knight class?

Spiked Gauntles / Battle gloves - Extremely fast with great piercing and blunt. An actual fist unlock finally?

• Does anyone know if Vanilla Chivalry is supposed to be “realistic”? I know they don’t want 100% realism, and I remember hearing something like “movie realism” ala Call of Duty, but would spiked gauntlets count? That’d be pretty awesome if they did :)

I like the idea of Kataras and Push Daggers because it seems like a very cool thing for Archers to use. Low slice damage, but high thrust. Could the developers add a leaping thrust with forward+Thrust? I feel like it would make piercing weapons more exciting with a higher/risk reward.

Fencing swords?

• There already is a pitchfork. Flaming arrows are said to be coming soon.

• MaA needs unique weapons. This if nothing else.

The only things unique to him are the heater shield and fire pot.

• What if MaA had the ability to coat their dagger blades in poison?

• I hope the flail is physics based. It’d be nice to time your swings so that you get maximum momentum.

• I like the poison thing. I think it’d be better suited for an archer, though. They need better melee weapons. Having poison on a knife swing would make them either land more knife swings or wait out the kill which still forces them to depend on their mobility.

I think the knight should have a siege xbow that shoots huge bolts and he tosses it when he’s out of ammo.

• I’m all for class removal and custom load out.

The flail ought to be physics based, awesome weapon, and spiked gauntlets are clsoe enough to Katars that they can be lumped together.

I wouldnt mind seeing pets, or beasts that can be unleashed onto the field like hounds, minotaurs, lions, maybe even a war elephant?

• @MLuminos:

I’m all for class removal and custom load out.

The flail ought to be physics based, awesome weapon, and spiked gauntlets are clsoe enough to Katars that they can be lumped together.

I wouldnt mind seeing pets, or beasts that can be unleashed onto the field like hounds, minotaurs, lions, maybe even a war elephant?

The thing about AWESOME weapons is that there has to be a way to balance. Counter Strike style resource management HAS to be in the game to encourage better teamplay and less suicide M1ing.

Hounds would be great, actually. War Elephants would be a lot harder to implement, though.