Any ideas on how to sprint without holding key down?

• Any ideas or secret methods on how to run/sprint without holding down the W key? I do have the Toggle sprint box checked. When I hit the key for sprinting I do sprint but only if I continue holding the W key. When I hit the sprint key again I walk (which means the toggle seems to be working) but again I have to keep holding down the W key to walk. Is this the way it is meant to work? I have this question on General discussion and Support sections of forum for several days and no one seems to respond. Thanks for any help.

• If I’m reading this correctly, you for some reason want movement keys to be toggled? I cannot imagine why that would ever be useful.

• @SlyGoat:

If I’m reading this correctly, you for some reason want movement keys to be toggled? I cannot imagine why that would ever be useful.

I’ve heard many people in the game complaining about how clunky and non-responsive sprint key is, and I don’t know how sprint can be better. I just forced myself to make sure to press sprint key at the right moments.

Another thing though, when I play this game for 8 hours straight, my left pinky gets spasms.

• @POOP:

@SlyGoat:

I’ve heard many people in the game complaining about how clunky and non-responsive sprint key is, and I don’t know how sprint can be better. I just forced myself to make sure to press sprint key at the right moments.

Another thing though, when I play this game for 8 hours straight, my left pinky gets spasms.

Firstly “8 hours straight”. Dude take a break, go for a walk around the block or something. I would imagine doing anything, with any body part, for 8 hours straight will cause cramps and spasms.

Anyway, are you using the “toggle run” option so you do not have to hold shift down to run?

• @POOP:

@SlyGoat:

If I’m reading this correctly, you for some reason want movement keys to be toggled? I cannot imagine why that would ever be useful.

thats why i changed my sprint to the bottom left Alt key, way better on the hand.

As for toggles sprint dont know never tryed it, i suggest changeing ur keys for sprinting.

• @Po1ymorph:

@POOP:

@SlyGoat:

I’ve heard many people in the game complaining about how clunky and non-responsive sprint key is, and I don’t know how sprint can be better.

Anyway, are you using the “toggle run” option so you do not have to hold shift down to run?

This is what I am trying to explain! the toggle run button DOES NOT allow me to run WITHOUT constantly holding a key down - and yes I have the sprint toggle box checked. I would like to hit a sprint key and let go of the key and continue running when going from spawn point to the battle. I guess I can’t express myself well. Sigh. In Skyrim you just hit the C key and you auto run until you hit another key to stop.

• @Po1ymorph:

@POOP:

@SlyGoat:

Firstly “8 hours straight”. Dude take a break, go for a walk around the block or something. I would imagine doing anything, with any body part, for 8 hours straight will cause cramps and spasms.

But if I take a break, I will lose some Chivalry time…

• Anyway, are you using the “toggle run” option so you do not have to hold shift down to run?

This is what I am trying to explain! the toggle run button DOES NOT allow me to run WITHOUT constantly holding a key down - and yes I have the sprint toggle box checked. I would like to hit a sprint key and let go of the key and continue running when going from spawn point to the battle. I guess I can’t express myself well. Sigh. In Skyrim you just hit the C key and you auto run until you hit another key to stop.

• @SlyGoat:

No you are not reading me correctly - sorry I cannot make myself understood :?

• guess his “toggle sprint button”/ check box" doesnt work? Mine does…

• @falcon.tcs:

guess his “toggle sprint button”/ check box" doesnt work? Mine does…

Thank you - so that is what the toggle sprint is suppose to do - then mine isn’t working - thanks for the clarification - that’s all I was trying to ask - I must be a poor communicator - oh well at least I know my problem, if not a solution. Thanks again.

• @POOP:

when I play this game for 8 hours straight

That’s the actual reason of your problem!

• Why is this so hard to understand?

What he meant is that when you toggle or hold the the sprint key, you would just run foward, without having to hold down the W key. If you wanna change direction when running you can do it with your mouse view.

Many game have this feature so you wont have to use 2 keys simultaneously to just run straight.

• @ArthurFree:

Many game have this feature so you wont have to use 2 keys simultaneously to just run straight.

Yeah, RPGs where you have to run for minutes in one direction sometimes. In this game? totally useless…

• You are thinking of autorun. Toggle sprint changes you from walking to running and back. Not stopped to running.

I can’t see why you would want that in a game like this though.