Decaps

• Hello, i had a quick useless question. All of the gore junkys are probably wondering, will there still be decapitations in this game? If not i’ll still enjoy the game very much but that would add to the fun. :D

• I would dislike excessive gore. Not because I dislike gore, but because it’s usually quite unrealistic. It would be nice if it could be a personal setting or server setting to enable/disable decapitations. If decapitations are added at all that is.

• There will be all of the decapitations, head smashings and catapult gibbings that AoC had, and probably a whole new variety of exaggerated death animations thanks to the shiny new engine. Personally I’m hoping for a scorched corpse animation from fire deaths.

Also, yes, most likely there will be an option to disable all of this horrific stuff ;) It has been my experience that the gruesomeness of your death in AoC/Chivalry is one of the places the dev team is willing to forego reality for awesome factor, as I think it’s safe to say that most people interested in a gritty first person melee medieval game are all for grotesque death animations.

• I think there should be a rage-buff that makes all of your kills have extra blood and the enemy ragdolls colapse more….“dynamicaly”, would be decent idea actually as long as it doesn’t change stats :D :evil:

• Awesome guys THX!!! :D :D :D

• How could we leave decapitations out? Removing heads is so much fun :D

• That would be awesome if you could add limb dismeberment too! :D :D :D :D

• @Bryce:

That would be awesome if you could add limb dismeberment too! :D :D :D :D

Haha a cool game (really old) called Rune did that you could also pick up their head or limb and use it to attack! But no where near as exciting / enjoyful watching an aoc decapitation or crossbowed ragdoll fly back ;D

• @Fluffykins:

@Bryce:

Haha a cool game (really old) called Rune did that you could also pick up their head or limb and use it to attack! But no where near as exciting / enjoyful watching an aoc decapitation or crossbowed ragdoll fly back ;D

That was Blade actually (Severance in other countries)

• Rune did it too.

Rune : Halls of Valhalla, awesome game !

• @Bryce:

I agree.

• Excessive gore in realistic detail is very offputting after awhile. I think the game should include some gore, but if the enemy’s damaged area is marked by blood then I will be happy.

• @Fragsmore:

Excessive gore in realistic detail is very offputting after awhile. I think the game should include some gore, but if the enemy’s damaged area is marked by blood then I will be happy.

The thing is, I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be realistic detail. It’ll be lighthearted like decapitations were in AoC, with your head straight up flying off and bouncing away with your view still locked to it in first person :P

• @Fragsmore:

Excessive gore in realistic detail is very offputting after awhile. I think the game should include some gore, but if the enemy’s damaged area is marked by blood then I will be happy.

You know gore was scalable in the amount that was used in AoC? :P I see no reason why this can’t be the case. Also the game isn’t going for pure realism!