Change the unlock system for weapon update

• The current unlock system is pretty archaic. Give everything an XP amount, and have things unlocked through either getting XP as your class or XP overall. Damage should be XP, first kills on a map should be XP, assists should be XP, completing objectives should be XP. The grind right now is just kills and assists, and that’s silly. Using a ballistae should get you XP. Reloading at the ammo box should be XP. OBJECTIVES should be XP. Tldr; please skinner box the rest of this game because getting kills is already the fun part.

Do this for the next weapon update so that it’s fun getting the rest of the weapons. Please please please. Thanks

• @anothergod:

The current unlock system is pretty archaic. Give everything an XP amount, and have things unlocked through either getting XP as your class or XP overall. Damage should be XP, first kills on a map should be XP, assists should be XP, completing objectives should be XP. The grind right now is just kills and assists, and that’s silly. Using a ballistae should get you XP. Reloading at the ammo box should be XP. OBJECTIVES should be XP. Tldr; please skinner box the rest of this game because getting kills is already the fun part.

Do this for the next weapon update so that it’s fun getting the rest of the weapons. Please please please. Thanks

Nooooooooo
              ooooo
                   oo
                     o
                      o
                      o
                      o
                      o
                     \|/
                  _\SPLAT/_

The only good thing that can be done to the unlock system is for it to be removed entirely.

• That is preferable to the current system, yes.

I really want to see a Counterstrike style system put in place. If you play better you can earn more money to choose different options. If you play poorly you only get enough cash moneys for a few weapon choices.

Tbh, I want a CS style game mode in this game complete with 1life/round.

• @anothergod:

Tbh, I want a CS style game mode in this game complete with 1life/round.

You mean Last Team Standing? But in all seriousness, it would have to be a completely different game mode, as the current team objective mode would be impossible without respawns.

• If it were up to me this unlocking would be removed entirely.
    The weapons you unlock are not more powerful than the base weapons. Just different.

It’s also a pain (for me at least) to kill people with secondary weapons, so I can probably forget about unlocking those. It’d be great if anothergod’s comment would be taken into consideration so people don’t necessarily have to kill others in order to unlock more weapons.

Another idea is to just have people accumulate points when killing people, points that they can spend to unlock something. This way I can keep cleaving with my twohander but still unlock that puny dagger I hate to use.

What annoys me though is that the weapons are not unlocked when playing offline against bots.
    Why not allow players to do some training?

• @Sir:

If it were up to me this unlocking would be removed entirely.
    The weapons you unlock are not more powerful than the base weapons. Just different.

Exactly. The weapons and hence gameplay should be about style and skill, not hours invested and pointless reward systems.

Just because other FPS games have unlocking systems doesn’t mean that this game should also. If anything rather than pandering to the obsessive compulsives who want new presents and rewards for their time spent and getting 100% completion, they should just roll out new maps and map editing tools to keep the game community alive.

• I understand unlocking for weapons that are different and not better because the first few should be the training weapons and the unlocked ones should be the more obscure ones, but

a) They’re not exactly specialized
    b) There just aren’t enough

The reason something like Counterstrike can get away with having so many different weapons (and some being flatout better than others) is because you’re always going to be valuing one thing against another. If I am really good with a Sword but everyone is going heavy armor, should I keep buying oilpots or go Sword/Mace? Balancing weapon costs is going to be Torn Banner’s deal, but it shouldn’t be too hard if they gather data from servers.

I know that this is different than what I proposed initially, but I was proposing something to fix the current system (linear unlocks) as opposed to just a better alternative.