Increase overall game speed

• I’d think Chivalry could do with a slight overall speed boost, including weapon and movement speed.
    Nothing too important in relation to balance or the like, just like 1.1x speed because it feels a little slow too me and my friends.

if not, please discuss, I dont see any detrimental effect from this apart from slight weapon timings that people may be used too, but hey the timings are pretty lenient anyway!

• I agree, even with weight + stamina issues in mind… I think the game could benefit definitely by a tiny overall speed boost. Good one.

• Agree, should be implemented adjustable speed (if not overall - then still more speed to weapon handling) in options. I prefer to handle my weapons faster - its more realistically. As I remember such a good indi game as Mount and blade had an option to make weapon handling adjustable in options (slow-normal-fast-fastest). I always adjusted the fastest speed there to make it more real…
    So, many will be appreciated if such an option could be implemented.

• I like where it’s at right now.

By altering the speed at this stage means having to relearn all timings.

If you feel your swings are too slow, try a fast weapon…

If your movement is too slow, stop playing a knight, etc.

• I’d like to re-iterate that I want OVERALL game speed increased, not just individual weapons getting a speed boost.

• yes please, make the game faster. more fun, more skillbased

• i disagree about speeding up running/sprinting

I 100% agree with speeding up the WEAPON SWITCHING, which is horrible as a bow man (bow>sword)

• @cocolapin:

i disagree about speeding up running/sprinting

I 100% agree with speeding up the WEAPON SWITCHING, which is horrible as a bow man (bow>sword)

Fully agree!

• @Easterlake:

@cocolapin:

i disagree about speeding up running/sprinting

Fully agree!

+1

@Rest
    No. No. No. Just no! This is not Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament or Mount & Blade. All the games nowadays are ridiculously fast. Im glad Chivalry has a slower pace when it comes to walking/running. Otherwise, we will see the same stupid dancing bullshit like in Warband very soon - and that´s one reason I don´t play it anymore.

• You can already increase or decrease game speed, up to 200%. It’s extremely taxing on a server, though, and pings skyrocket when you go much higher than 120%. But if you want a faster game, you’re free to rent a server and run it at whatever speed you want.

• Thank you Sly Goat, I do actually plan on renting a server as there are not enough AUS servers for my liking :P

I think I’ll increase it to 110% and see if that effects weapon swing timings and such.
    I dont play as archer so I dont know what the weapon switch is like but I think the other weapon switches are fine, vanguard and knight switch appropriately slow.

• I remember when they tweaked the game speed for AoC to make it faster. It ruined it for me. It makes projectiles that much more pointless and upset the balance of the game.

• Yeah, archer’s switch to a dagger should be much faster imho.