Two Weeks Update!

• @JollyRoger:

The game experience in Chivalry is unique, is the best shooter from my point of view… and i almost not feel the bugs in game because of the great feeling of gameplay, so after they fix those bugs and add some cosmetics to the game like blood decals ,damage walls decals, arrows in dead bodies etc… the game is almost perfect… then they will add new content and the game will have a great future.

And it isn’t even a shooter.

• @Siegbert:

@JollyRoger:

The game experience in Chivalry is unique, is the best shooter from my point of view… and i almost not feel the bugs in game because of the great feeling of gameplay, so after they fix those bugs and add some cosmetics to the game like blood decals ,damage walls decals, arrows in dead bodies etc… the game is almost perfect… then they will add new content and the game will have a great future.

And it isn’t even a shooter.

Yes and pinball is not ping pong…

• Anybody experiencing difficulties with the game not running well on medium to high end systems that should be able to handle it, I had issues with my computer until I manually set the video card to be used while running the program. Until I had done so, it had been trying to run using on-board graphics. If you use nvidia, you can easily do this by going to the nvidia control panel, “manage 3d settings”, “program settings”, select UDK (Unreal Development Kit) b… (The thing with the chivalry icon) and then select NVIDIA processor for the “preferred graphics processor for this program”
    If you do not use NVIDIA, I can’t say, but I assume it would be a similar process. Sorry if you already have tried this and it didn’t work.
    As for the update, I can’t freaking wait. I don’t know what Duel Mode is, but I can imagine some sort of bracket-like tournament which would be really fun. And I have been yearning for more maps since I bought the game, I especially want more things like the arena, that open field place, and the crusades map. I know those seem to be unpopular with some, but I love them.

• Thanks for the update guys and i just want to say that i think this is an incredible game which will only get better with time. Been looking for a first person Medieval warfare game for a while now and when i came across this on Steam, it was an instant buy. A big bonus is that you listen to the community and keep us informed on what’s going on. Looking forward to the new content and improvements. Keep up the good work!!

• Today i saw achievements added but i don’t think they are working as they should be. I’m looking forward to see that update at it’s full glory. Keep up the good work TB.

• Has the update/fixs been done yet?

• yaaa budddy cant wait for this patch……

“i want my fire arrows”

• was there an update recently ? i had achievments added ?!

• pity that 2 weeks after the official release, you’re fixing the basic game and bugs themselves, right now the game feels a lil bit beta to me (still lot of bugs), im looking forward to see the new patch and dont give me wrong depsite these bugs the game is still awesome and enjoyable:) new contents are always welcome ^^

• yeh completely posted on the wrong thread.

wooo.

• @Tibberius:

After that we’re headed towards our first content update, which will bring a ton of new, free stuff to the game, first up includes new maps, new weapons

new weapons

new weapons

YES

YEEEEES

• I’ve told most of my friends to avoid this game until it’s on sale. Devs, enjoy those dollars lost by not understanding the first month is the most critical time for your game to take off or fail long-term.

• Was there a patch I didn’t hear about? I started playing today and all my settings have been reset.

• something went out, i sure would like an up to date changelog on anything that does, no matter how big or small.

• @NtiT:

Was there a patch I didn’t hear about? I started playing today and all my settings have been reset.

I believe there was a minor bug fix or something, anyways, cant wait for the patch! (Especially the god damn server browser)

• Yeah this patch screwed up my FPS lag fix, now it is not even playable. They removed the “Scale Lowend” cvar and now it is impossible to play. PLEASE FIX THIS SHIT!

• Developer

Nothing has been released since the hotfix, so I’m not sure what you guys are experiencing. The only thing that happened was that achievements were accidentally revealed early, they were supposed to be coming with the next patch.

• Here’s a config which tweaks down a lot of settings that the in-game settings don’t change, should offer a decent boost to performance. Put it in documents/my games/chivalry medieval warfare/udkgame/config. It will make things uglier, though, and water looks very messed up (I’m not sure what I changed to make that happen).

Also, you can get a very significant performance boost on low end machines by setting DirectionalLightmaps=False, but this will cause environmental textures to appear totally black, so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re really stressing for better performance.

• This game has been amazing so far. All I can hope for is more weapons, maps, and possibly character customization unlocks??? Thanks so much Torn Banner :)

• @Tibberius:

Nothing has been released since the hotfix, so I’m not sure what you guys are experiencing. The only thing that happened was that achievements were accidentally revealed early, they were supposed to be coming with the next patch.

I will assume that not everyone got the hotfix on the same day. It might have taken a few days or longer for it to trickle through Steam before it hit everyone. Regardless of when it happened there is big difference between yesterday and today.