Before balance tweaks, just fix the clunky gameplay

• I haven’t been playing this new Chivalry very long, but I played the old one tons and I’ve played CRPG-Warband for years. Both of those games have great, smooth, seamless gameplay with instant feedback for all input.
    Now I’m playing this new Chivalry, and my ping is under 50, and my FPS are at least 60, but there are all kinds of weird snags and delays in animations, input and in the transitions between one function or another.
    I won’t bother trying to list them all but the gameplay comes off as very inconsistent compared to the last Chivalry; you can see any of my possible points simply by playing the old one. The ‘feel’ of this new Chivalry is just really off compared to most other melee games from Rune onwards. Still though it’s better than War of the Roses at least.

• I disagree!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R6_Chr2vro

I don’t find it clunky, but I do feel that going up against players with high pings puts me at a disadvantage as animations dont always play correctly.

• Here, let me list a few for you:

• pressing of shift being completely ignored if you are in some locked animation state
    • pressing of switch weapon being completely ignored if you are in some locked animation state.

The underlying problem with input fluidity is that key presses being performed during an action-locking animation are completely discarded; they should be queued and enacted as soon as the action-locking animation completes.

A few other issues that’d help fluidity too:

• being unable to taunt/shout while moving (hopping mid-run so you can shout doesn’t count)
    • using a throwing weapon always returns you to your primary weapon, even if you were previously using your 2ndary weapon.
    • temporarily exhausted pickupables still being intractable; if I can’t get anything from a chest, make it non-intractable so I can tell immediately whether it contains ammo without having to spam ‘e’, and watch the chat log to see how long I have to wait. Same applies for obtaining torches.
    • There should be a way of equipping your 2ndary weapon, without also equipping your shield.
      At the moment you have to:
      put away primary -> get out secondary -> get out shield -> put away shield.
      This costs time, key presses, and is nonsensical.

• @TehJumpingJawa:

• pressing of shift being completely ignored if you are in some locked animation state
    • pressing of switch weapon being completely ignored if you are in some locked animation state.

+1
    This should be put on the bugs list.

• The clunkiness and animation bugs are definitely on the radar to fix. I know they’re a serious source of frustration to Tibberius especially.