Why EdwardCullen still not banned ??

• I saw the video like 5 day ago of this guy cheating with speedhack
    and today i still see him running around with his hack on FFA server
    why this guy still not banned after so much evidence ?

• Developer’s cannot control bans on non-official servers; that’s up to the server owner. Also, there has yet to be proof a Steam account or ID involved. A name is simply not sufficient enough.

• @Martin:

Developer’s cannot control bans on non-official servers; that’s up to the server owner. Also, there has yet to be proof a Steam account or ID involved. A name is simply not sufficient enough.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4769

How much more is needed? Is there a post somewhere on how to report these things officially?

• I even ran across this guy hacking in FFA arena.

It’s a joke to just let this guy keep doing what he is doing without any ramifications.

• You guys cant ban their steam accounts from the game?

• Fairly sure they cant, that wouldnt make sense imo.

• @Sultanofswing:

Fairly sure they cant, that wouldnt make sense imo.

Yeah, banning people who cheat. Makes no sense.

• They would have to go through Valve to get a ban on his Steam account, and would need very solid proof. They can globally ban people from official servers, but it’s up to player-owned servers to deal with their own bans. Maybe in the future they could offer some kind of official ban list of known cheaters to server ops when they send up patch files.

• whats the command for a perma ban on privately owned servers ?i only see temp bans with adminkickban cmd.

• @dirtyjob:

whats the command for a perma ban on privately owned servers ?i only see temp bans with adminkickban cmd.

Adminkickban -Kicks a user and permanently bans them (i.e. puts their IP/NetID in the config file). Also takes partial names.

I presume thats the one you mean, possibly adding time like aoc? so Adminkickban time name ? i dunno, someone needs to confirm xD

but that apparently does what it says anyhow lol.

• Yeah, adminkickban should be permanent until you erase the person’s name from the ban list. The player has to be on the server for you to use this command, however, unless you add their netID to the list manually, but there’s currently no way to get someone’s net ID just from their steam account or even steam ID, and only admins can use the command that gets a player’s net ID and IP.

• @SlyGoat:

Yeah, adminkickban should be permanent until you erase the person’s name from the ban list. The player has to be on the server for you to use this command, however, unless you add their netID to the list manually, but there’s currently no way to get someone’s net ID just from their steam account or even steam ID, and only admins can use the command that gets a player’s net ID and IP.

Figure I should stick my question in here. Is there an admin command to cancel a vote that was initiated by someone?

• @Chuckdatass:

Figure I should stick my question in here. Is there an admin command to cancel a vote that was initiated by someone?

I requested this as a feature during the beta when moderators first got admin rights on official servers, so hopefully soon. Right now most of the admin commands are default UE3 commands.

• The video’s should be proof he is hacking, seeing we know his steam profile, can’t the Chivalry team not ban his key?

• Can’t even control hacking in your own game :/ not looking too good for torn banner.

• @rinaun:

Can’t even control hacking in your own game :/ not looking too good for torn banner.

Dude, every post you make is a troll post. Watch it before you get banned.

It is the same with EVERY GAME.

• @rinaun:

Can’t even control hacking in your own game :/ not looking too good for torn banner.

Agree with guy above, every post this rinaun makes is pointless, useless, drivel. Can we get rid of him.

• Well mine aren’t trolls lol, I don’t care about the hackers, ban them from your servers! what I care about is the core features not working as intended! grr!

• I have zero tolerance for hackers. In my opinion, once steam has bulletproof evidence that hacks were used intentionally, that persons entire steam account should be terminated and zero refunds given to the accused.

It’s pretty lame this guy can skate around with near immunity on a server to server basis. Global cooperation of all private server owners is near impossible.

• banned a player just now for an obvious speed hack, he was jetting around like a lazer as a vanguard, his name was Romney,my question is where exactly is the banned user log file located on a server ???