(No) Cross-hair and Javelins

• First off, let me say that I love that you don’t need the cross-hair to use most ranged weapons. Aiming with the tip of the projectile or your finger in the case of throwing weapons is much more intuitive, immersive and in fact the only way I can keep hitting successfully. So thanks for that devs.

I think there’s room for improvement in this area however.

#1. If you don’t want to play with the cross-hair, you need to press ‘U’ at the start of every map. It’s a minor inconvenience, but I really want the game to recognize that I just don’t want the cross-hair, and I assume it’s the same for any other player who doesn’t want to use it. So it would be much better if there was an option to turn it on and off in the ‘Configuration - Input’ menu. Or to have the in-game button work for every match and server until you press it again.

#2. The only ranged weapon that doesn’t let you aim naturally is the javelin. I can understand why, since you are holding a shield and all. Still it would be nice for consistency if it was possible in some other way. One way is to be able to put the shield on your back when throwing javelins (which has also been requested before for other reasons) and aim with your finger like with other throwing weapons. Another is to have the model after the wind-up time go from the top of your screen with the tip pointing to the center. It wouldn’t even fuss up your screen that much if you do it diagonally, I think.

• For #1 - I believe this is already being worked on. The same is true for third person at the moment, and it’s been brought up as a source of frustration in the past.

• That’s good to know.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.