Norse Sword with tower shield for Knight - best stab speed

Flanged Mace for MAA and Knight - best 1-hand damage and swing speed

Cudgel for archer - the most reliable melee weapon for archer

• You said stongest so…

Knight - maul
    Vanguard - zweihander
    MAA - probably war axe. Don’t play maa
    Archer - heavy xbow

• I lean more toward the brandistock than the halberd for the vanguard.

I agree re Knight though; Norse Sword with your tower shield slung on your back is ridiculously effective.

• Ballista, 500 dmg.

• @cerealKiller:

You said stongest so…

Knight - maul
    Vanguard - zweihander
    Archer - heavy xbow

Oh wow……

Norse Sword is the best. MAA is the best class in 1v1 scenarios.

• @Jen<3:

Can we get a consensus on this statement!

When I kill experienced MAA’s they say I am using a crutch knight class. I am told anyone can killed MAA with knight, and what I am doing is not special. Can we clarify this now, and get a discussion going. Am I a nub for killing MAA’s with my norse sword as a knight?

• @Chuckdatass:

@Jen<3:

Can we get a consensus on this statement!

When I kill experienced MAA’s they say I am using a crutch knight class. I am told anyone can killed MAA with knight, and what I am doing is not special. Can we clarify this now, and get a discussion going. Am I a nub for killing MAA’s with my norse sword as a knight?

It’s really hard to kill MAA with knight usually. Any decent MAA will dash in and out of knight’s attacks.

• @Jen<3:

@cerealKiller:

You said stongest so…

Knight - maul
    Vanguard - zweihander
    Archer - heavy xbow

Oh wow……

I’m assuming you like double tapping forward with a stab since norse swords are good for stabs?

• I dont think knights norse sword is going to be more effective against an MAA than an overhead broadsword. Both will, I think kill MAA with two hits.
    A decent knight will not be circled, dodges will be useful, but that advantage ends after an MAA runs out of stamina.

• @POOP:

It’s really hard to kill MAA with knight usually. Any decent MAA will dash in and out of knight’s attacks.

Yeah that’s what I thought. But slygoat said it too, so idk who to believe anymore lol. Point is I am good vs MAA as knight. Just don’t know what the general thinking is, if that is good or not.

• @Sultanofswing:

I dont think knights norse sword is going to be more effective against an MAA than an overhead broadsword. Both will, I think kill MAA with two hits.
    A decent knight will not be circled, dodges will be useful, but that advantage ends after an MAA runs out of stamina.

It’s really hard to see where MAA will be when he is trying to circle around. I’ve yet to meet a knight who could turn as I am turning around.

• @POOP:

@Sultanofswing:

I dont think knights norse sword is going to be more effective against an MAA than an overhead broadsword. Both will, I think kill MAA with two hits.

It’s really hard to see where MAA will be when he is trying to circle around. I’ve yet to meet a knight who could turn as I am turning around.

If you are an amazing MAA, I’d love to duel you. I am always looking for the best competition to play against. Steam ID is same as my sig if you’re interested in dueling sometime!

• Yeah, I still feel that Knight has an inherent advantage over MaA when using his own weapons. Particularly, the falchion. When a dodgy MaA is bugging me I’ll just go falchion knight and slash spam him to death. The falchion was nerfed to be appropriately effective against the more armored classes, as it’s no longer uncounterably fast like the Norse sword on its windup, but against MaA you can still slash him to death in 2 hits. Pole Axe + Falchion has become my basic Knight setup; Pole Axe two-hits Knights/VGs with overhead/stab combo, and is moderately fast, long range and good at feinting; and the overhead into stab has probably the most deceptive animation in the game - it looks exactly the same as the animation for going into recovery until you thrust (at which point it’s too late to parry as the attack is already doing damage). Its slash is even moderately useful. Falchion makes an easy backup for the aforementioned slashspamming archers/MaAs to death.

Anyway strongest weapons right now I think is a nobrainer;

Brandistock for VG: Halberd will not 2-shot knights with 2 stabs to the head, while the brandistock does it with 1 head stab - that’s a pretty huge advantage, and the occasional archer one-shot is helpful since you’re liable to take a few arrows before you can close the gap, meaning every hit counts in melee.

Norse sword for MaA: Shouldn’t even have to explain why by now. Super consistent damage and extremely fast, decent reach, synergizes perfectly with MaA’s playstyle.

Warbow for Archer: No other archer weapon is even worth using with how strong this weapon is. One-shot to the body for archers if you opt to use broadheads for counterarching, which, as weak as broadheads are against other classes, is such an advantage it actually makes broadheads viable - one shot to the head for any class but knight with bodkins, or two body shots to take down a knight. The warbow is a ridiculous weapon.

Sword of War for Knight: Yes, we all fear the warhammer, but really the only advantage the warhammer has over the SoW is two shotting knights. SoW two shots any other class as well, while having a considerable range and speed advantage, not to mention thrusts are the king of attacks and the most abusable with feints. However, one cannot ignore that the warhammer is also onehanded, and is more effective in shield vs. shield combat due to its powerful wrap-around potential to hit sides. But shields completely throw everything out of balance at the moment anyway, so whatever.

• Maybe I’m being an ass for saying this but the strongest weapon in this game is your mind. I’ve folks skillfully use all types of weapons and classes to great effect. You can have the strongest weapon in your hand but if you don’t know what you’re doing with it then it’s useless really.

Any rate please disregard this post and continue with the numbers break down of which is better.

Carry on…

• @SlyGoat:

Yeah, I still feel that Knight has an inherent advantage over MaA when using his own weapons. .

Ok so that’s one vote for MAA being an easy kill to Knights when both are equally skilled. So anymore?

• I would have to disagree with the Norse sword being the best MAA weapon. People are under this impression because they look at the speed and damage of the thrust and forget about its disadvantages.

Personally, I feel the flanged mace is the best weapon for the MAA.

1 - While the thrust of a norse sword deals considerable damage, the swing of a mace is much more likely to hit multiple opponents. And when it comes to down to it, a thrust is easier to avoid than a swing.

2 - You can’t do a thrust + thrust combo. But you can do a swing + swing combo, and the backswing of a mace deals considerable damage. it’s a 2 hit kill to any lightly armored class

3 - The Mace is a 2 hit kill to a vanguard if the backswing is a headshot.

4 - The Mace is a 2 hit kill to a knight if both swings in a combo are a headshot.

5 - more range.

6 - Again, this is important, you can hit multiple opponents easier.

You should be focusing on comboing your attacks with MAA anyways, very rarely will you ever get a one hit kill on someone unless they are already badly hurt. MAA weapons are fast, learn how to combo with them. It’s a very important MAA skill.

Some players see the thrust of a norse sword as a be all end all. The more experienced players see it as nothing more than a gimmick.

• The Mace is a 2 hit kill to a knight if both swings in a combo are a headshot

Almost, but not quite. You require either 2 slashes or overheads (both deal 49 to the head) and a single unblockable kick.

• @Martin:

The Mace is a 2 hit kill to a knight if both swings in a combo are a headshot

Almost, but not quite. You require either 2 slashes or overheads (both deal 49 to the head) and a single unblockable kick.

Don’t backswings incur more damage?

• Negative.

• @ohgood:

@Martin:

The Mace is a 2 hit kill to a knight if both swings in a combo are a headshot

Don’t backswings incur more damage?

Wat is this backswing are you talking about?