Brainstorming

• Hello everyone,

I’ve been playing this game for a few days now and i must say it’s absolutely fun and addicting. So i took some time to think about what could be added in terms of content to this great game.

Here’s my list of sugestion:

1) More faction: maybe an asian style army, with true oriental weapons like katanas, chinese crossbow, etc.

2) Picking weapons from dead bodies: When someone is killed, you could actually grab their weapon from the ground.

3) Faction only gear: As in the first sugestion, those oriental weapons would be faction only (makes no sense an european knight using a japanese sword, unless he took it from a dead soldier).

4) More customization: A few options for torso, helmet and legs to each class.

5) Killstreaks: Ok not cod-like! but maybe some boosts to your team (increased stamina for a few seconds) after you kill 3 or more foes without dying. This could be like a morale system.

Of course those are only suggestion and need more elaboration.

• Dislike the Asian style.

What are we gonna call them? Yuan Traders and Shilla Order?

• The truth is that the Idea of picking weapons of the ground has a basis. For example when I started and I played an Archer ( I don;t anymore) when I was out of arrows I always wanted to grab for example the great axe of the dead corspe in front of me. The ideas i like the best are 1st (more fanctions)

1. and 4)

• @ArthurFree:

Here’s my list of sugestion:

1) More faction: maybe an asian style army, with true oriental weapons like katanas, chinese crossbow, etc.

The only authentic faction would be arabian style - not chinese or japanese (for heavens sake, not japanese!!)
    It could have a crusades theme. Everything else would be like native americans against spartans…

@ArthurFree:

2) Picking weapons from dead bodies: When someone is killed, you could actually grab their weapon from the ground.

Yeah, awesome. Pick it up and destroy the games classes and balancing system…

@ArthurFree:

3) Faction only gear: As in the first sugestion, those oriental weapons would be faction only (makes no sense an european knight using a japanese sword, unless he took it from a dead soldier).

It would make not sense for a Samurai to try and kill a european Knight in plate armor, because its nearly impossible, especially with a Katana so… no, just no.

@ArthurFree:

Totally agree, for a change. This would grant that the factions would not look like clone armies.

@ArthurFree:

5) Killstreaks: Ok not cod-like! but maybe some boosts to your team (increased stamina for a few seconds) after you kill 3 or more foes without dying. This could be like a morale system.

No killstreak stuff please… Its luring the 13 year old out of their holes…

• Other than visual customization, I don’t think any of these ideas mesh very well with Chivalry’s principle gameplay and theme. However, there will definitely be more weapons down the line, and a third faction isn’t entirely out of the question (it’s a feature that’s been talked about a lot, so maybe for a future DLC) - but it would probably be one of the other factions mentioned in Chivalry’s backstory.

• Okay, just to be clear on some aspects.

I’m not a COD fan, i only said killstreak because it´s a system everyone knows. What i meant by it is something like a morale boost for your team when you see your countryman doing great deeds in battle, afterall everyone feels more motivated when they have a champion/hero by their side.

I don’t see how picking weapons from the ground would unbalance the system, not if you could only grab weapons of your class. And it’s also a good way to use weapons that you didnt unlocked yet for just a few moments.

Other factions of the game’s backstory is even better. I didnt read the backstory, so pardon my non theme suggestion.

• cant agree on any of these except customization … but not too much , we should allways be able to instantly disern the class and order of anybody at the first look … but minor stuffs like shield eblems , capes , breastplate design …

and please “god” no Killstreaks! that and pearks are IMO the worst thing they could add … would ruin the skills-based combat , i would hate getting killed by a guy just because he got the right peark or killstreak …

• How about just a notification of a killstreak, with no actual bonus? It was great hearing MONSTER KILL in the UT games.

• 1) More faction: maybe an asian style army, with true oriental weapons like katanas, chinese crossbow, etc.
    I like the idea, but i realise IT IS MADNESS!

NO! Isn’t it kinda obvious?

Like the idea but only for Masons/Agata and maybe just for visual models.

Not bad.

Seems unlikely.

@gmillar:

How about just a notification of a killstreak, with no actual bonus? It was great hearing MONSTER KILL in the UT games.

Oh PLEASE no!!!

• A new faction with or without faction specific weapons is a good idea, but the only real point would be 1v1v1 gameplay.
    Faction specific weapons is also a good idea, but probably not gonna happen.

• Against… no japanese in Chivalry medieval warfare. I want a sengoku medieval warfare instead ;>

• @Kiritsugu:

Against… no japanese in Chivalry medieval warfare. I want a sengoku medieval warfare instead ;>

±1

Sengoku Jidai would be sub-optimal since firearms had their first big show on your Island during that period and I honestly don´t want to see any firearms in this game.
    Let´s go back a few years and fight in the Genpei War instead? ;)

BANZAAAI! :D