Halberd Stab motion is WRONG

• Halberd stab motion is slightly to the left of the crosshair, but actual hit model is from the right!!!

I was wondering how I was missing the stabs when I lined up the animation with players, but the animation is completely wrong.

Halberd:
    Wrong stab position, goes right thru the beam
    http://i.imgur.com/pCWT3.jpg

Correct stab position. Halberd bounces off the beam
    http://i.imgur.com/VwbKv.jpg

Maul: Overhead slightly left of the xhair when animation is dead center.

Claymore: Overhead very accurate. starts top right, ends bottom left. Stab accurate.

Sword of War: Overhead very accurate. starts top right, ends bottom left. Stab accurate

Norse Sword: Stab very far to the right of xhair. Overhead accurate.

Warhammer: accurate.

Pole Axe: accurate

Spear: Both stabs accurate.

• Could you test this on other weapons as well if you don’t mind? I’m pretty sure the first polearm you unlock with the knight has this problem as well.

• @holdenmcclure:

Could you test this on other weapons as well if you don’t mind? I’m pretty sure the first polearm you unlock with the knight has this problem as well.

Just tested them and updated.

• I can’t really tell what it is with the poleaxe that feels wrong to me. It feels like the hitbox is active way later that it should be.

I can actually guide the stab of the poleaxe after I thrusted it and hit people, yet it doesn’t connect during the actual thrust. I’d say lag but I get this when I have like 50 ping and it’s fairly exclusive to this weapon for me.

• Who knows? only if devs give console commands to display the hit tracers or whatever they are called.

• @POOP:

Who knows? only if devs give console commands to display the hit tracers or whatever they are called.

There is such a command, but I can’t remember it unfortunately.

• Hmm, I think the tracer command may have been removed. I can’t find it at least.

• It should be aoc_drawtracer 1 last time I did it.

• Oh my god, I was trying the old aoc one.

• I feel that the Spear stab is wrong in the way it is done. I’ve seen Vanguard do an overhead spear stab. I’ve always seen spears thrusted. Which way is right? Thrusted spears seem more viable.

• Good catch, nice to know…

How do I open the console? And why is there no way to bind it in the keybind options?(Or am I blind? :? )

• @Falc:

Good catch, nice to know…

How do I open the console? And why is there no way to bind it in the keybind options?(Or am I blind? :? )

I had to manually bind it

Go to steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Engine\Config

Open BaseInput.ini

Find “ConsoleKey=” in the text and just put a key after the =, like ConsoleKey=F7 for example and save,

F7 will be your console key

• thank you….but why is the console not bindable via normal options?

• @Falc:

thank you….but why is the console not bindable via normal options?

Well normally to open the console it is done by pressing “~” or the button above tab. In virtually every game it is like this.

EDIT:

also try in the console "setbind <key><command></command>"
    Don’t know if it will work properly in this game but it should.

Example: setbind c crouch

or for console this might work “setbind F7 console”</key>

• Well usually I cant open consoles in games because my keyboard has ½ instead of ~

I dont even know where the ~ is

it is a qwerty though

• On non-US keyboards, it tends to be either ` (the key below ESC) or ’ (the @ key, next to ~).

• Spears are really off too.

While testing the range of spears(which ended up being shorter than the models) with a friend, we stumbled across a terrible visual glitch. On my screen, the model of the spear was poking him in the face, but on his screen that the weapon was being stabbed way off to the side.

Not a good problem to have when side stepping is supposed to be a legitimate maneuver against spear users.