Bastard Sword

• Question….

When I use the bastard sword with 2 hands, does it do more damage then when used with 1 hand?

Because if not, whats the point of using it with 2 hands? If i can use a shield with it and have no debuffs?

It seems to me from using it that perhaps the reach may be slightly effected when using it with only 1 hand? but im unsure.

I just think using it with 2 hands and blocking manually should do more damage then with 1 hand and a shield. I dunno if its not already like this but if it isn’t i think it should be changed.

Or else it gives me no reason not to use shield everytime.

• This is a good question. I don’t think it changes the damage.

But the reason to use it 2-handed is that your FOV is clearer.

I only use the shield when I see an archer spamming me and I want to close distance.

If you get good at parries, then you really don’t need the shield in melee… well, other than against VG players with stabbing polearms, but even then, you don’t need it.

• https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami8d_HZmYHsdDRzc1Byb3ItVWNXSFR1SURHN29TZnc#gid=1

This is what you want. Scroll towards the bottom to see the 1 hand use.

• In case you don’t want to look through the chart;

Short answer is yes - two-handed bastard swords deal more damage, but one-handed are faster.

• The weapon model also looks smaller

• interesting.

quick question:

Do you have any more layouts like that, with the health of each class?

• @fwbo777:

interesting.

quick question:

Do you have any more layouts like that, with the health of each class?

All classes have 100 health. Only armor values are different - they’re listed in that chart on the far right.