Naval Warfare

• If you’ve ever played counter-strike minigames, you’d of played piratewars, basically it’s two ships, planks to board enemy ships, and canons (ballistas) to try and sink the enemmy ship. I think this would be very cool. Imagine having a portion of the ship blown to peices and heavy knights sinking and drowning while archers in the crow nest gave support and men at arms raided the enemy ships.

• I would like to see an objective based map like this. Maybe even like a reverse CTF mode where two teams have to carry powder kegs onto the enemy ships and plant them at increasingly difficult to reach spots on the ship in order to win.

• @Blindga:

I would like to see an objective based map like this. Maybe even like a reverse CTF mode where two teams have to carry powder kegs onto the enemy ships and plant them at increasingly difficult to reach spots on the ship in order to win.

Ohhohohohoho then last objective is to light the fuse, which is also hard to get to. One person is desperately sprinting through the defense and before his HP reaches 0 from getting hit, he manages to light the fuse!!! Epic Victory!!!

• I like the idea, but i think it needs complete classes remake (pirate models and new weapons etc). Maybe some day.

• Speaking of ships, I don’t think cannons would be the right option.

Majority of the gameplays are 16v16, that would make Galleons unnecessary large but Cog’s wouldn’t. They are smaller, more Medieval themed and could be having a Ballista(Oxybeles) on top of it.

However I see no trouble seeing a game mode that includes Longships from the Vikings.

• @Easterlake:

However I see no trouble seeing a game mode that includes Longships from the Vikings.

That sounds like a great idea. Maybe on the map “Hillside” attackers could spawn in longships headed for the shore, this would put more realism into the game, like Battlefield’s parachuting.

• Yeah, any cariation, I’d just like to see some ship combat as they already have such beautiful ship models as ti stands, it would be no trouble to make one of these and it would be fun because it would promote the team gameplay that chivalry so lacks as people cannot spread out randomly, they have to concentrate their attention to the enemy ship.