Filthy Peasants!

• In the ever increasing call for a more absurd game type, I propose the “Filthy Peasant!” mode. Where a small group of soldiers must fend off waves of plague ridden peasants in revolt.

Plague victims are player controlled with infinite respawns, while soldiers have one life per wave. Filthy plague-bearing peasants are armed with pitchforks and hoes, with no means to block and no armour. As the waves are defeated the timer for each round is increased, forcing the soldiers to hold off the onslaught for longer and longer periods of time.

The darkforest objective confirms that Agatha is already battling some sort of plague, so it fits the game perfectly. No cheesy zombies, no fantastical element of any kind, just pure peasant fuelled carnage.

• wahhhhh! you have my vote! …

lol the very ideal of bashing my way through a horde of filthy peasants makes the barbarian in me laugh hystericaly!

• This. This is actually a good idea.

• +1 awesome idea!

• I susspected another pointless zombie topic, but this …this is awesome!+1

• Peasants should be able to dual wield torches and pitchforks!

• Demn Peasants.

This would be awesome btw…especially if it requires strategy and teamwork, and not just mindless peasant slaying :p.

• http://www.anyclip.com/movies/van-helsing/

Pretty much this… without frankenstein.

But i would like that kind of Castle and Thunderstorm and Rain and Music in the Background LOL.

And Torches!1111elf

Mission Goal for the Peasents: kill Vlad III. Dr?culea (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III._Dr%C4%83culea)

• NO fantasy lol

Actually the part with the kill Objektive was a joke.

• Yes, we could use models of actual 21st century peasants and the players could have corporate skins while hacking them to pieces. Or you could do it the other way round.

• @HackinTosh:

Yes, we could use models of actual 21st century peasants and the players could have corporate skins while hacking them to pieces. Or you could do it the other way round.

21st century peasants? Let’s not make this political… (US election coming up)

• LOLOLOLOL YES PLEASE

• @Strudel:

In the ever increasing call for a more absurd game type, I propose the “Filthy Peasant!” mode. Where a small group of soldiers must fend off waves of plague ridden peasants in revolt.

Plague victims are player controlled with infinite respawns, while soldiers have one life per wave. Filthy plague-bearing peasants are armed with pitchforks and hoes, with no means to block and no armour. As the waves are defeated the timer for each round is increased, forcing the soldiers to hold off the onslaught for longer and longer periods of time.

The darkforest objective confirms that Agatha is already battling some sort of plague, so it fits the game perfectly. No cheesy zombies, no fantastical element of any kind, just pure peasant fuelled carnage.

Win.

• I would play the hell out of this.

• Holly s*it!
    This will be epic :D

• Maybe new peasant class (classes) for this mode with unlockable weapons like knife/club/axe, pitchfork/flail/godendag, stones/sling/weak bow, or other peasant weapons like scythe, bill, staff, securis, roncola etc.

• Ok… One question… What is the goal of the plagued peasants?

• Great idea. I think it should play as the Zombie Panic mod for source. 30 players start as regular classes. 2 random players spawn as peasants. When you kill a regular class, he will respawn as a peasant. When there are no regular class players left, the peasants win. If the Regular class players manage to survive for a specific period of time or complete a certain amount of objectives (burn corpses, burn houses etc) they win.

• This could go well with Team objectives too. For example, a group of knights defending darkforest´s cart from an infinite amount of peasants who want to move it. Or the other way around, the knights gotta survive around the pushable while the peasants try to overrun them and prevent them from reaching their goal.

Also, I agree that slain knights should spawn as peasants. Early casualties would be fatal for the knights. They could start something like 60%peasants-40% knights, but as the knights fall, these odds become even more uneven.

There would be a queue, so players all got their turn to play knight, I wouldnt really like randomness in this. And, as a knight, you score every time you slay a peasant, plus a huge score bonus if you survive at the end of the round. As a peasant, you get score every time you kill a knight, and no bonus for killing all the knights. So basically, knights want to stay alive for as long as possible, as they can score much more points being a knight than being a peasant, but turning into a peasant also gives you the chance to score. When the map timer runs out, the victor is declared, just like in FFA.

This cant be too hard to make, maybe having an upgraded peasant model and a couple of weapons reskins with lowered stats for the peasants could be enough.

Hardcore mode: No health regen.

• @Admiral:

Ok… One question… What is the goal of the plagued peasants?

To sit quietly and question their existence.

but mostly attack and infect the soldiers before the timer expires. An infected soldier dies if he uses up more than 2/3 of this stamina.

• And thus the conversion of “nazi zombies” met Chivalry.