Left Handed

• Just to add an extra aspect to this amazing game=)

Adding the ability to switch your characters main hand (eg using the norse sword on your left instead of right hand)will add a extra touch to this game. We will have to take more care of which side the first swing,stab is coming from. It just a simple idea, I hope it wont be hard to implement.

And as dumb as the idea probabIy sound I don’t want to be like Derek Zoolander and not be “able to turn left” metaphorically speaking. :P

• I don’t know much about the culture of the Agathians and the Masons but if they reflect the religious values of the times they were based on you would be accused of being of the devil if you were left-handed.

• Lore aside, I don’t know how this would be implemented. Just mirroring animations would be confusing. Would having a left hand alter gameplay in any way?

• @Blindga:

Lore aside, I don’t know how this would be implemented. Just mirroring animations would be confusing. Would having a left hand alter gameplay in any way?

First of all it, changes the blocking. Right now you’re only looking to the left, top, or middle of a player. After this change you’d first be looking for their weapon side and then either top or middle.

Second of all, putting players’ right sides against a wall is always advantageous because it removes their M1 horizontal swing. If this were implemented you’d have to look for their weapon side before you can put them into a disadvantageous situation.

So, yeah, it’d be confusing, but learning to understand that and working through it would add more depth. Not that this is necessary, but that’s what would happen.

• @wfsw32:

I don’t know much about the culture of the Agathians and the Masons but if they reflect the religious values of the times they were based on you would be accused of being of the devil if you were left-handed.

Yes - left-handed knights must burn in hell with the help of inquisition’s cleansing fire.

• @BoBBer:

@wfsw32:

I don’t know much about the culture of the Agathians and the Masons but if they reflect the religious values of the times they were based on you would be accused of being of the devil if you were left-handed.

Yes - left-handed knights must burn in hell with the help of inquisition’s cleansing fire.

Awsome, the further away from people like you, the better!

• All fencing styles and schools I know, be it Japanese or European, teach to fight with the right hand.
    But yeah let me guess… fuck realism/reality, bring the left handed golden axe of fire, huh?

• You think everyone in Medieval Warfare is classically trained?

• Soldiers in service of a King or similar… yes, sure. At least I don´t know any left-handed fighting school, do you? I dont say there is or was not… I simply never heard of one. All sources I know indicate the use of the right hand as the main hand in fencing/fighting.

• @William:

Soldiers in service of a King or similar… yes, sure. At least I don´t know any left-handed fighting school, do you? I dont say there is or was not… I simply never heard of one. All sources I know indicate the use of the right hand as the main hand in fencing/fighting.

Musashi was left handed

• Harald Godwinson’s Huscarls apparently were trained to wield their axes left handed in order to better get around the enemies’ shields. In fact, there are several mentions of soldiers being trained to wield weapons left handed and exclusively train against right handed people so that they could confuse their opponent and gain the upper hand in the real fight, whether this is true or not, I’ll let you guys do the research ;)

• @Easterlake:

@BoBBer:

@wfsw32:

Awsome, the further away from people like you, the better!

Why so seriously? jokerface I was joking because the topic is really mad. (read below) Sorry if It sounded insulting. My friend is lefthanded and I am not a “handitionalist”.
    @Salesgun4Hire:

@William:

Soldiers in service of a King or similar… yes, sure. At least I don´t know any left-handed fighting school, do you? I dont say there is or was not… I simply never heard of one. All sources I know indicate the use of the right hand as the main hand in fencing/fighting.

Musashi was left handed

He used both hands anyway.

that topic is pointless… Think! Lefthanded needs mirrored or brand new tracers etc. That 's gonna change entire gameplay!
    I bet there will be no lefthanded option.

• This topic needs reviving, can we get a left hand swing"?

• Not sure about a left-handed option but I’d like to be able to choose to swing from the left or the right on the first swing. Preferably with the direction you are strafing in as the control for it.

• I think it’s a cool idea and I’d really like to have it in the game… would bring more depth and variations to the combat