Dead in the Water (?)

• I’ve been playing AoC quite a bit recently and some of the oldbies have seen the new game and been walked through Alpha. They basically told me that the project is at a stand still and progress has been painstakingly slow. He also added that he doubts the game will ever really be released.

This is worrying. Can anyone confirm his reports that the game’s not gonna get released?

• Developer

It’s likely that whoever this person is simply doesn’t understand the game development process. We are moving forward at a pace we are happy with for our current team size. The game will be released and we’re excited about how its coming, if it was any other way I would be honest and tell you, but its not. I know media silence can be worrying, but progress is good and we will showcase that to you guys as soon as we are able to.

• I can back it up and say an alpha-tester by the name of gB seemed to have a very rare spazz of play-testing on Sunday shouting epic continuously and being addicted to playing the game in Alpha, lol (that’s a first). I’ve heard a lot of people (that played this recent Sunday) have really felt that game has started to come together at the SMALLEST of words.

And I’m sure the team is cooking up some media you will be more than exhilarated to taste. :)

• @Robin:

I’ve been playing AoC quite a bit recently and some of the oldbies have seen the new game and been walked through Alpha. They basically told me that the project is at a stand still and progress has been painstakingly slow. He also added that he doubts the game will ever really be released.

This is worrying. Can anyone confirm his reports that the game’s not gonna get released?

NOPE, Ive also spoken with another Alpha tester, who´s identity I wont reveal, and he´s loving what he´s seeing.

He even encouraged me to join the Alpha testing team and see it for myself, but unfortunately my schedule wont allow me to attend the playtests reliably.

• Oh good. Thanks for boosting me back up. I’m assuming you don’t ask to join the Alpha team you’re invited.

• There’s this one alpha tester - I’m not going to name any names, but it starts with S and ends with Goat - that happens to be really awesome and sexy and says you should all be pretty excited about this Chivalry thing.

• Why would we listen to this guy?

• Developer

The only thing dead in any water is a lowly archer, who with his feet firmly planted in the muddly clay of a river thought he could stand his ground to a brave knight. He took an axe blow to the head, that dirty archer, and now his bloated corpse lies dead in the water.

We can’t say when the next media release is coming, and we realise it’s been a long time coming, but I think it will be worth the wait.

• Well done, filthy archers…

• You forgot the part where that filthy archer’s friend was waiting 50 yards away with an arrow already notched for that slow, stupid knight.

• Some screen shots or mini-videos would be nice to keep up the spirit of awaiting players ;]
    more stuff (advertise) = more people = more money = more joy.

love and faith
    Vesanus

• LIES!

• Rubbish. I can only assume said person departed from the testing team a long time ago.

Chivalry is fast approaching Beta, and during that stage we will be able to provide more updates. It’s a little difficult during Alpha, because the foundations have to first be created, and redone many many times to get it how we want it and obviously not everything is in game at this time.

So the answer is no, Chivalry is not dead.

Locking.