Story mode for the game? What do you think?

• Well I don’t know if anyone agrees with it but what if there was a small scenario for the game - Story mode. I would be good having for example a 2-4 h story to play and practice your skills before playing the game online. This story will start after you finish the training and it enables you to practice what you have learned without getting humiliated at the internet.

My idea about a Story :As I said the story will start when you enlist (you will have the choice to play the campaign or to continue online.) and you get on board. The campaign will feature trophies and completing it will unlock you a weapon for the online . During the campaign you will change ranks and at the end you will be a general and you plan your attack ( with maps and lots of staff which means selecting your objectives and the moves of the soldiers ) at the enemies keep. If with your tactics you do not make it to conquest the enemy keep you will have to play it with a different one, the final battle will be tough. The soldiers of each class you will have in your possession will depent on the results of the other battles you have fought and actions you have done during them.

So do you like my idea ? What do you think of it ? :?

• I would absolutely love a single player campaign. I don’t expect this to happen with C:MW, but maybe something for a future game? /hope

Unlocking weapons in single player would be very nice. Anything would beat the current system.
    But it’d be even better to leave them all unlocked and give players rewards in the form of custom weapon textures or something.

• A story mode would be so fun. The tutorial is proof that Torn Banner is very capable of doing a good job. I really enjoyed the tutorial. It taught me how to play, and entertained me very well. The only bad thing that I can say about it, is that it left me wanting more. I really love the the game as it is with all its multiplayer glory, but it would be nice to have a game with a big world and a cool story like the Elder Scrolls games, but with the Chivalry combat engine. The engine that I consider to be the best melee combat engine of them all. Seriously what is up with all these people who are complaining about great elements like parrying and flinching!? Cooperative gameplay through the entire story. with a few friends would make it even better. Anyway, It doesn’t have to be free DLC, It could be a stand alone game with a $59.99 price tag and I would gladly pay it.

• It is already in the game. All teamplaying objectives maps are in strong chronological sequence and linked by a storyline. In AOC some servers even used all maps in correct sequence.

• Well I would like a big open world like Elder Scrolls (without the leveling up nonsense.) with tons of npcs and sidequests too. I didn’t mean that I simply wanted a story.

• That would ruin this game. This game is a great MP game and has strong potential to be a popular esport. If the devs started focusing on singleplayer or PvE that would just take away from the MP aspect. I say nay.

• Chivalry Medieval Warfare would still exist. It would not “ruin this game.” As I stated it could be a stand alone game with the Chivalry combat engine.

• I think this post should be in custom content. Assuming everyone else would agree with the fact the Devs got better things to worry about then giving us more for what we payed.
    I think Its up to us if we want a quality offline experience not them.
    If anyone is interested in helping create a mod for an MMO story mode. PM me.
    (I’m already working on one using UDK and maya)

• Nope. Torn Banner have one of the greatest competitive multiplayer games ever made, and I want them to spend their time refining and expanding it, rather than creating some new singleplayer game.

• @CHACK027:

That would ruin this game. This game is a great MP game and has strong potential to be a popular esport. If the devs started focusing on singleplayer or PvE that would just take away from the MP aspect. I say nay.

Pretty much agree, they should stick to MP 'til the end.

• I just make up my own storymode. “Those peasants kidnapped the Princess, kill them all!”

• @ransack:

I just make up my own storymode. “Those peasants kidnapped the Princess, kill them all!”

That story doesn’t work though seeing as how there are no women in the game, anywhere.

• @ransack Haha, Remixx may not get your humor, but I thought that it was pretty funny!

• @samuraigen52:

@ransack Haha, Remixx may not get your humor, but I thought that it was pretty funny!

I’m afraid that I took an arrow to my funny bone :(

… and I was making a sarcastic/satirical swipe at the fact that there’s no female anything in game and the argument about female characters.

• Afaik Starcraft, the iconinc game in esports, has a single player campaign.

That said, Its something that cant be expected considering how small the dev team is.

• I would love a story mode.

• @Remixx Gotcha. Sarcasm doesn’t always translate well in text form I guess. You’d think that there would be at least some female peasants, right? I personally wouldn’t mind female warriors, but I have read a few threads about this, and I can see why there aren’t any. In a story mode, maybe there could be a stronger female presence. Wingy makes a good point about a story mode being unlikely with how small Torn Banner’s team is. Another unlikely, yet awesome thing would be if Torn Banner and Bethesda teamed up for a game. Haha, I’ll keep dreaming!