Performance Tweaks List (sum up of the performance topic)

• I think its time to summarize all the fixes found and if a mod/dev can validate that or maybe sticky it, it would be nice. A great thx to all original posters and the Chivalry team!

For Nvidia users:

Right click on desktop, open nvidia control panel, choose manage 3D settings. In “program settings” click on add then browse your files until you find this “UDK Unreal Developing Kit” using the following path
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32
    In the dropdown menu below choose High performance Nvidia Processor.

Tweaking UDKSystemSettings.ini:
    (My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKSystemSettings.ini,)
    -Turning off decals
    Set the first instance of

-Changing sound compression to decrease CPU Charge:
    (should be in the [SystemSettings] section, not one of the “Bucket” sections)

Find the first instance of

and change it to

You might be able go all the way up to

-Tweaking Anisotropy setting:
    Find “MaxAnisotropy” and turn it down from 4 to 1 (0 and all numbers in between work).

-Lowering shadows resolution:
    Find MaxShadowResolution and lower the value to 170 (3times less pixels, you can lower more)

-Turning off Tesselation:
    Find TessellationAdaptivePixelsPerTriangle and lower the value or change it to 0 for more results
    (don’t forget to set your driver’s parameter to Application Managed

Tweaking UDKEngine.ini:
    (My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini,)

-Disabling framerate smoothing:
    Find under [Engine.Engine] bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE and change it to FALSE.

-Changing in game gamma setting:
    Find under [Engine.Client] DisplayGamma line and lower or higher the value.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.