Duelling (as in JK3)

• Hey,

Something that would be cool, and something that would be realistic development-wise (i hope), is to have a new gametype, duelling. I do not mean the kind we see on some FFA server.

But rather a 1v1, Winner stays - and gets matched against the player who has played the least.

Example:

We have 4 players, player A,B,C,D

Player A plays against Player B.
    Player A wins.
    Player A gets matched against Player C
    Player C wins
    Player C get matched against player D because he has not played yet.
    etc.

Jedi knight academy had a similar system…if my memory does not fail me.

• @Xenocide:

Hey,

Something that would be cool, and something that would be realistic development-wise (i hope), is to have a new gametype, duelling. I do not mean the kind we see on some FFA server.

But rather a 1v1, Winner stays - and gets matched against the player who has played the least.

Example:

Player A wins.
    Player C wins
    etc.

They are already making a dueling mode. I don’t remember seeing any details for how it will be implemented. Hopefully it will be cool.

• Back in JK3 (geez I’ve spent something close to 600 hours for dueling in JK3) there was also FFA dueling mode:

FFA map, freeroam looking for opponent, challenge them and both become invicible for other people on server till one of you win the duel. SImple as that and don’t have to wait in line ;)

• Waiting in line to play a 1v1 when you can just go to an unofficial duel server is pretty lame.

• where were you Jedi Academy players when I was talking about left hand and right hand swings with strafing… got out voted by Mount and Blade people… lol anyway

I agree to the Jedi Academy style duel request and duel servers winner stays in, be good if there were special maps for duelling like in Jedi Academy

• @Xenocide:

Hey,

Example:

Player A wins.
    Player C wins
    etc.

Do you sometimes read “in develop” lists (of different games) before making advices?
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2203

• @BoBBer:

@Xenocide:

Hey,

Example:

Player A wins.
    Player C wins
    etc.

Do you sometimes read “in develop” lists (of different games) before making advices?
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2203

Yeap, i did read it. But the main post does not say alot about duelling. And seeing as i only had this game for a few days, i did not have time yet to read the entire forum. Also, the kind of duelling i described has a whole other feel to it then FFA duelling. I dont know if you are a starcraft player for example, but there is a 1v1 map that uses the same system i described, and its pretty popular, simply because people like to spectate and see how others play… if you have a 6-12 man server with a system like this, the wait time wouldnt be that long. Atleast im trying to give advice, instead of non-constructive posts.

• @Salesgun4Hire:

where were you Jedi Academy players when I was talking about left hand and right hand swings with strafing… got out voted by Mount and Blade people… lol anyway

I agree to the Jedi Academy style duel request and duel servers winner stays in, be good if there were special maps for duelling like in Jedi Academy

Goddamnit I wish I would have been there to vote for that, it’s that thing that makes JKA still to a better melee game (having the ability to slash in 7 different directions + combo swings)

• @afiNity:

@Salesgun4Hire:

where were you Jedi Academy players when I was talking about left hand and right hand swings with strafing… got out voted by Mount and Blade people… lol anyway

Goddamnit I wish I would have been there to vote for that, it’s that thing that makes JKA still to a better melee game (having the ability to slash in 7 different directions + combo swings)

Maybe someone can start a “8 Directional Attacking” thread?? People don’t seem to like me on forums lol so probably better if someone else starts it, you will have my support! :D