Like/dislike Button

• I would like to be able to like/dislike a post in the forums. I think it will also allow the devs and the studio to know what everyone like/dislikes through posts in forums and different sections like Ideas and Suggestions.

Thanks

• As long as 10 thumbs downs doesn’t automatically close the thread like in a certain cesspool of a game forum.

• @SlyGoat:

As long as 10 thumbs downs doesn’t automatically close the thread like in a certain cesspool of a game forum.

Maybe not 10, but a certain amount in a certain time frame should close threads. It’s a great feature that more forums should adopt.

• I remember when we had something like this before, and everyone ganged up on a certain person and kept downvoting them, lol.

• I don’t really like this idea– I mean, in theory, it’s cool, but as other people mentioned, people have ways of cheating and overwhelming forums with negative votes. Potentially, it would prevent certain things from getting addressed and result in imbalance. :C No me gusta.

• I guess I need to get my collection of kitten pictures ready.

• Like/dislike buttons are completely and utterly pointless. Giving no relevant insight or information to the validity of a subject.

20 people “liking” and 10 people “disliking” tells you nothing of worth.

• I’d rather see stars or something that gives you the ability to rate the forum thread. Thumbs up/down can be too much to fit in the forums.

• @Easterlake:

I’d rather see stars or something that gives you the ability to rate the forum thread. Thumbs up/down can be too much to fit in the forums.

But stars are always kinda pointless, because a majority of people will use two options: 0 stars and 5 stars. No one bothers with the mid range because they know no one else is “calibrated” the same way they are (ie. what is a 3 for you is not a 3 for me), star scores are always tending to bias towards the high side (4 is a mediocre thing, 3 is bad), and that no one else bothers with the mid range so those who use mid range don’t have their voices heard: only those who use 5s and 0s actually matter. If you have to have a ratings system, binary is almost always the better option, though you have some of the same issues as above (point inflation: have you ever seen a video on youtube with 50% dislikes?).

Though any ratings system will sooner or later turn “political”.

• @Martin:

I remember when we had something like this before, and everyone ganged up on a certain person and kept downvoting them, lol.

Hahaha, I forgot about that. I started a crusade to downvote… I think it was Sir Doyle (whatever he went by on AoC forums I can’t remember) as a joke at first, but it caught on so well that in the end it kinda proved the flaws in the system :)

• Can we downvote alphatesters-suddendly-turned-moderators?

• Heres my vote on thumbs ups and downs on this thread as example.

@Easterlake:

I’d rather see stars or something that gives you the ability to rate the forum thread. Thumbs up/down can be too much to fit in the forums.

Thumbs Up

@Po1ymorph:

Like/dislike buttons are completely and utterly pointless. Giving no relevant insight or information to the validity of a subject.

20 people “liking” and 10 people “disliking” tells you nothing of worth.

Thumbs Down

@SOC:

@SlyGoat:

As long as 10 thumbs downs doesn’t automatically close the thread like in a certain cesspool of a game forum.

Maybe not 10, but a certain amount in a certain time frame should close threads. It’s a great feature that more forums should adopt.

Thumbs Up

@SlyGoat:

Thumbs Up

On another thread as an example.
    Link - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4696
    @Ariful:

@-|DeD|-RafaS:

This should be stickied !! as SLI settings

Thumbs up

And another
    Link - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5189&p=40350#p40350
    @Ariful:

@GhoXen:

First off, feinting is pretty much useless against shields. Don’t use it, it will just waste your stamina unless your opponent is bad.

If your opponent indeed holds up shield most of the time, what you can try is to actually spam lots of attack at him while keeping an eye on your stamina. Everytime they block an attack, stamina will be drained, but at the same time a player will not generate any stamina while the shield is up. If you exhaust their stamina, you will then see their shield being flung aside upon receiving an attack, and the enemy will be left vulnerable, unable to block or attack. If your weapon is slow, their stamina generation may be fast enough to allow blocks inbetween your attacks even at low stamina. Just keep spamming and you should beat them down. (Note: attacks that land on an enemy drains no stamina, but missed/blocked attacks do)

Alternatively you can try circling the shield and stab at the flank around the shield. This is harder to do, and cannot be easily explained with words. I recommend trying to find some duel videos, or practice on a dueling server. Generally speaking though, flanking is easier the closer you are to the enemy and the faster your weapon is.

Thumbs Up.

• As the internet has proven again and again. There are more people who’s opinions and views are invalid than those who are valid. Therefore the Up/Down voting would be controlled by the majority, who’s point of view is completely irrelevant. ;)

If most of you disagree, this only proves my point. 8-)

• @tyrion:

As the internet has proven again and again. There are more people who’s opinions and views are invalid than those who are valid. Therefore the Up/Down voting would be controlled by the majority, who’s point of view is completely irrelevant. ;)

If most of you disagree, this only proves my point. 8-)

I completely agree, lol.

• Meh, on every forum I’ve been on which had this or a similar option, it opted for much trolling and wankery.